Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy and fun open carry discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    . . . don’t think any civilian is smart enough, qualified enough or even trained enough to openly carry a firearm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The consensus, universal as far as I can tell, among experienced and knowledgeable shooters, trainers, etc is that open carry in town/commercial areas absent some exigent circumstance is a disqualifier from being smart enough or qualified enough. I agree with that.

It is not a safe deterrent, it exposes the carrier and those surrounding them to harm from bad actors, and it is totally off-putting to most people (people who vote). Open carry in town/commercial areas is a boil on the gun community. I expect it to be lanced eventually.
    Last edited by JHC; 09-04-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yes.

You're the one who just showed up here last month.

Nobody needs to waste their time re-explaining shit to you that has already been beaten to death ad-nauseum on the forum.

That's generally how this place works. Use the search function.
    First off, nice to meet you. Second, however long I’ve been here is 100% completely irrelevant. Third, I don’t believe I was talking to you.

You know, it’s bad that enough the person I was…..talking to.....misunderstood the difference between someone asking them about the differences between the two methods of carry, and asking why it was that they... felt the way that they do... that you followed in the same exact footsteps and made the same mistake.

Again… I don’t need to search function to learn the differences and to talk about anything or read what anybody else hsd talked about, about the open carry versus concealed carry debate because that’s not what this is about.

If that’s the best you can do to offer your own input in a conversation between two other people then I would think that if that was the best I could do, I would just stay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Corn...

Re open carry

1. On your ranch/land etc or otherwise in lawful pursuit of game-ok
    2. Uniformed personnel required as a condition of their job-ok (presuming a retention holster)
    3. Only way to legally carry a pistol because CCW is illegal-ok
    4. Law enforcement personnel and security employees in the performance of their duties-ok (presuming a retention holster)

Open carry when you can CCW is not a good idea as evidenced by the fact that no reputable instructor/school recommends such behavior
    to include: Gunsite, Thunder Ranch (Clint Smith), EAG ( Pat Roger, RIP) Todd Louis Green (RIP), Cumberland Tactics (Randy Cain), Rangemaster (Tom Givens)

But hey, you do you.
    Totally unnecessary post. I don’t need you to help him say what he was saying. And I certainly don’t need you to add your input about open carry versus concealed carry as I keep saying that that is totally irrelevant to this discussion and that again, that’s not what I was talking about.

Name:  102666.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  19.6 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    For some reason I cannot explain, the first rule of holes comes to mind: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
    It’s funny you say that, because all I see is one little ant that just took off in one direction and then all the sudden all the rest of the ants behind him just started following right along.

I was having a simple conversation with one person that kept assuming the opposite of what I was saying, and then all the sudden everybody else felt that they had to jump in as well. And even some of them insisted on repeating the same things as the person I was originally talking to...[emoji41]

It’s nothing like that. But what, after the comment you made, are you saying you didn’t expect the response you got??....lol. C’mon, now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feel free to be as douche-y as you want. @Trooper224 might be a curmudgeon, but he's our curmudgeon, and you're just a douchebag interloper.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"This is almost entertaining enough to make me forget about San Francisco for a minute!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

It’s funny you say that, because all I see is one little ant that just took off in one direction and then all the sudden all the rest of the ants behind him just started following right along.

I was having a simple conversation with one person that kept assuming the opposite of what I was saying, and then all the sudden everybody else felt that they had to jump in as well. And even some of them insisted on repeating the same things as the person I was originally talking to...[emoji41]

Sir,

With all due respect, you are not having a simple conversation with one person; you are posting on a forum. You need to use the private message (PM) function to have a conversation with just selected people. But you know that since this is not your first rodeo.
    Last edited by farscott; 09-04-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Sir,

With all due respect, you are not having a simple conversation with one person; you are posting on a forum. You need to use the private message (PM) function to have a conversation with just selected people. But you know that since this is not your first rodeo.

"Well then...I'll just mosey on along, shan't I?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feel free to be as douche-y as you want.@Trooper224 might be a curmudgeon, but he's our curmudgeon, and you're just a douchebag interloper.
    Wow. I guess once you’ve been here a while, it’s OK to act like this and get away with it, huh? Hmm. But it’s nice that you’re now resorting to insults even though you came of me first with your totally useless diatribe that I still think was completely unnecessary, yet you call me being douche-y? Is that even a word?? And I really don’t care if you disapprove of my presence here or not. [emoji6]

User Tag List