Page 38 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obligatory Show Off Thread

Mechanical Engineer friend contacted about the rotating carousel and incorporation of a small music box player with subject appropriate music. Being a Mech-E, I suspect I will get the design drawings and information in about 7-10 years. I'm still waiting on a rolling bullet trap for the garage...........he has designed, built, and tested at least 8 designs to date. None of them made him happy enough to share the info yet.

That was 4 years ago.

Basically, I am on a breath hold for the spinning, singing, LED lighted carousel of JMB goodness.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    So apparently they need to have a chaperone...........who knew they would breed once I closed the door?

Had to move the safe to accomodate future family and furniture additions, so took the opportunity to photograph just how far down the road we have travelled.......it wasn't until putting everything away that I realized that there are still several items spread out throughout the country at other locations.

You know what Tam would say about that picture, right?

"N00b."

Mechanical Engineer friend contacted about the rotating carousel and incorporation of a small music box player with subject appropriate music. Being a Mech-E, I suspect I will get the design drawings and information in about 7-10 years. I'm still waiting on a rolling bullet trap for the garage...........he has designed, built, and tested at least 8 designs to date. None of them made him happy enough to share the info yet.

That was 4 years ago.

Basically, I am on a breath hold for the spinning, singing, LED lighted carousel of JMB goodness.
    Engineers...bless their little hearts.

The lighted, spinning wheel of JMB would make an awesome centerpiece for the dining room table.

When my lotto number comes up one of my fondest wishes is to have a circular table made of some exquisite wood and set into the wood there'd be a series of recesses for a dozen or so mint condition artillery spec Lugers of various vintage. Each individually lit and the whole she-bang covered with some protective glass.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 02-04-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    3/15/2016

I am sure by the time the design is settled it will be awesome...

.... and most closely resemble prototype #1.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

New in the wrapper.

I'm swooning.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    A friend sent the PDF version to me recently. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.
    Actually, I'm wrestling with trying to confirm that the PDF I have is not in violation of any copyrights...

I don't want to link anything that might be infringing copyright, but a Google search for "john ross unintended consequences pdf" turns up more than one hit.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    A friend sent the PDF version to me recently. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.
    Actually, I'm wrestling with trying to confirm that the PDF I have is not in violation of any copyrights...

I don't want to link anything that might be infringing copyright, but a Google search for "john ross unintended consequences pdf" turns up more than one hit.
    I'd bet those are unauthorized electronic copies of an otherwise out of print (and extremely expensive) book.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    I'd bet those are unauthorized electronic copies of an otherwise out of print (and extremely expensive) book.
    Does that mean I can price gouge my BOOK too?

How much extra should I charge for an author autographed version? How much should I add for Hackathorn's signature?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    You know what Tam would say about that picture, right?

"N00b."

Engineers...bless their little hearts.

The lighted, spinning wheel of JMB would make an awesome centerpiece for the dining room table.

When my lotto number comes up one of my fondest wishes is to have a circular table made of some exquisite wood and set into the wood there'd be a series of recesses for a dozen or so mint condition artillery spec Lugers of various vintage. Each individually lit and the whole she-bang covered with some protective glass.
    Sweet.

So are you comparing Tam to the 9 year olds who get pissed and call me a "NOOb" for using better tactics on CoD? Not very friendly of you TC.......

Yeah, engineers............. they can pull of some pretty cool stuff........ if you can get them to stop thinking about it and just do it already!!!!

How much extra should I charge for an author autographed version? How much should I add for Hackathorn's signature?
    Damn skippy!

It is well known that the John Ross/Ken Hackathorn autographed edition KABOOMS with no notice, and the ATFE will follow your spouse trying to get her to admit that you're an insurrectionist.

You should send it to me for proper disposal.

User Tag List