Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft of upcoming Virginia AWB - Registration

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Possible grandfsthering.

But you would have to register....

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019...existing-guns/
    F that. They are back peddling because people are pissed. Just shit can that garbage now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Perspective 1:
    They figured out that if there's anything like a reasonable judge to be found, one would stay enforcement prior to the law becoming effective, and that the case(s) would likely be heard by the Supreme Court, where outright confiscation of the most popular type of rifle in common use in America wouldn't fly.

Perspective 2:
    They figured out that it's a lot easier to confiscate all the guns if you know what they are and where to start looking for them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    F that. They are back peddling because people are pissed. Just shit can that garbage now.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I think people would have grudgingly accepted grandfathering if stated that way from the beginning. Most hard working and law abiding citizens just want to be left alone. After the threats of door to door confiscation and the use of terms like “violent felons” and “paramilitary activity”, that horse has left the barn. No one is accepting a registry by these clowns who have already told us what they want. If we do they will use it in 10 years to confiscate them.

They woke the sleeping giant. I always wondered what it would take to get the average working guy interested in politics. The Governor may not be worried about reelection but the rest of the legislature is.

Now that they are wavering, we need to push harder and drive a nail into the coffin. Send a message to Mayor stop-and -frisk that he wasted his money. If we don’t, NC, FL, NM, and even TX could be next.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Perspective 1:
    They figured out that if there's anything like a reasonable judge to be found, one would stay enforcement prior to the law becoming effective, and that the case(s) would likely be heard by the Supreme Court, where outright confiscation of the most popular type of rifle in common use in America wouldn't fly.

Perspective 2:
    They figured out that it's a lot easier to confiscate all the guns if you know what they are and where to start looking for them.
    I don't think they are particularly worried about 1 because there is adverse Fourth Circuit precedent in the Kolbe case. Obviously, having actual confiscation could introduce a takings claim that was present in that case.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I think people would have grudgingly accepted grandfathering if stated that way from the beginning. Most hard working and law abiding citizens just want to be left alone. After the threats of door to door confiscation and the use of terms like “violent felons” and “paramilitary activity”, that horse has left the barn. No one is accepting a registry by these clowns who have already told us what they want. If we do they will use it in 10 years to confiscate them.

They woke the sleeping giant. I always wondered what it would take to get the average working guy interested in politics. The Governor may not be worried about reelection but the rest of the legislature is.

Now that they are wavering, we need to push harder and drive a nail into the coffin. Send a message to Mayor stop-and -frisk that he wasted his money. If we don’t, NC, FL, NM, and even TX could be next.
    Right, the idea of registering guns when there is currently introduced legislation to confiscate said guns seems like they are making the same mistake as NZ. You have to do the registering before the confiscating. It doesn't work so well the other way around. That's basic Gun Control 101.

I think a lot of the legislators think that they will be insulated from retribution at the ballot box by redistricting. They're going to pull 3 seats from the southwest into Richmond/NoVA.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Possible grandfsthering.

But you would have to register....

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2019...existing-guns/
    It's pretty hard to take registering seriously when they've made it known that they are bound and determined to confiscate.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Or rather, one must take registering seriously when they've made it known that they are bound and determined to confiscate.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I don't know if we want to start a new thread where we just discuss strategy for the upcoming session, but I just want to advise people that if they are only planning to go to Richmond on the 20th for lobby day, that will almost certainly be too late. They will be moving these bills very quickly, and we need every gun owner/supporter who is available to be in Richmond during the hearings. As soon as we get the schedule House Militia, Police, Public Safety subcommittee (now potentially going to be renamed just "Public Safety") and Senate Courts of Justice, I'll post it here.
    Josh, is there a way to coordinate this with VCDL so that we get this message out with the most reach? I know you have mentioned previously that lobby day would be too late, but it seems a large number of people aren't planning to go until the 20th and we obviously don't want to miss the opportunity as a concerned electorate to voice our frustration at the right time and to the right people.

Josh,

Your idea for a separate thread to keep VA residents up to speed on legislative actions and actions requiring the VA militia is probably overdue.

Maybe someone in charge of PF.com can post a sticky?
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I don't know if we want to start a new thread where we just discuss strategy for the upcoming session, but I just want to advise people that if they are only planning to go to Richmond on the 20th for lobby day, that will almost certainly be too late. They will be moving these bills very quickly, and we need every gun owner/supporter who is available to be in Richmond during the hearings. As soon as we get the schedule House Militia, Police, Public Safety subcommittee (now potentially going to be renamed just "Public Safety") and Senate Courts of Justice, I'll post it here.
    Josh, can we just have you run the NRA from now on?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List