Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the preferred CCW magazine pouch for an S&W shield

I am sure JM would not want folks to know, but his level of generosity is over the top, getting little Ms. Kimber squared away with her new Shield. She will be having a Christmas that is focused on getting her prepared to CCW when she goes to college.

People here are Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I am sure JM would not want folks to know, but his level of generosity is over the top, getting little Ms. Kimber squared away with her new Shield. She will be having a Christmas that is focused on getting her prepared to CCW when she goes to college.

People here are Amazing!
    We are a family of sorts, you have given so much to this forum community through pictures, stories and advice. I’m honored to give back to someone that has helped me through my journey when they are helping another on theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I like the Neomag holder best. Had mine since May this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBvMzKZEFY

I use the neomag on duty as well, it’s available with black clip also.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBvMzKZEFY

If she wants to try a Neo Mag send me a PM. I have a couple I’m not using.

Sounds like she is squared away but I have been happy with Kytex for OWB carry. Will probably be ordering a 365 example soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If she wants to try a Neo Mag send me a PM. I have a couple I’m not using.

Are you not using them because you found an issue with them, too many of them, or what is your reasoning/how do you like them?

Wondering because I have stuff that is clipped in my pockets (pen, pocket knife, flashlight), that either becomes loose and falls into the pocket, or with those hat clips (dual direction clips on lots of flashlights), they tend to catch on stuff like table bottoms, etc and get sprung. (really need to find one direction clips for those, my height verses work environment).

Thanks for any thoughts on them.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Are you not using them because you found an issue with them, too many of them, or what is your reasoning/how do you like them?

Wondering because I have stuff that is clipped in my pockets (pen, pocket knife, flashlight), that either becomes loose and falls into the pocket, or with those hat clips (dual direction clips on lots of flashlights), they tend to catch on stuff like table bottoms, etc and get sprung. (really need to find one direction clips for those, my height verses work environment).

Thanks for any thoughts on them.
    They’re pretty secure, and pretty quick as well.

I find for me though that they really shine with single stack (ish) mags like a 43X or a 365. For reasons outside the scope of this thread I’m back to larger guns for EDC, and those mags aren’t quite as low profile in my pocket. The clip is a bit of a tell in the NPE I have to deal with as well.

Great product, just don’t fit my personal needs right now. Lost River is a good dude and has helped me via PM in the past so if his daughter could use them I’d rather see them go to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    They’re pretty secure, and pretty quick as well.

I find for me though that they really shine with single stack (ish) mags like a 43X or a 365. For reasons outside the scope of this thread I’m back to larger guns for EDC, and those mags aren’t quite as low profile in my pocket. The clip is a bit of a tell in the NPE I have to deal with as well.

Great product, just don’t fit my personal needs right now. Lost River is a good dude and has helped me via PM in the past so if his daughter could use them I’d rather see them go to her.

So not as good with doublestack then, in your opinion? (thanks, means I should narrow my focus on them for specific guns)

Thank you for paying it forward, rather then letting them sit!

Generally, enough people know me, that in several of the stores I have been in, if someone uses something, they will let me try it out first. This was a product I had always hoped to see in my LGS or on one of the regulars. (but around here, it is a kydex or leather world)

If no one else has suggested it, Kytex is my go-to. Inexpensive enough that when one breaks (which has happened to me exactly ONCE in over 10 years of daily use), it's no big deal. Lead time is reasonable. Shipping expense is less so, but they might have some Cyber Monday thing going.

User Tag List