Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    How's that shoulder strap for hoisting all that weight? OK for a quick walk from house to car, car to office, etc, I presume. Perhaps not something you'd want to use for couple of miles walk?

Agree on the amazing capacity! (Particularly the mythical Brenneke slugs! I have yet to find any.)
    This evening, we went for a 30 minute hike near where we are camped in the desert. While I would prefer a real pack for a long hike, it worked fine for the Rattler, mags and a headset.

Name:  C85275E0-4E1E-4C75-90A6-1EBF65B6270C.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  73.8 KB

Name:  9E769909-D954-4D81-A519-2D131FA98081.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  54.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This evening, we went for a 30 minute hike near where we are camped in the desert. While I would prefer a real pack for a long hike, it worked fine for the Rattler, mags and a headset.
    Thanks very much. I like that bag.

Looks like the start of another day in the office. Who'd have guessed there was other than your laptop in there?

(Asked because some years ago, wife and I went on a "short hike" on a new-to-us "short loop trail" in VA hillside. I hoisted a single strap shoulder bag, carrying a moderate load, but which should have been in a proper day pack. Two hours later, with many ups and downs . . . well, I was no longer a fan of that bag, even though I wrongly chose the usage.)

Doesn’t everyone pack a weekend bag?

Name:  C5E217DB-1BA4-4FDC-85F5-761C21073860.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  43.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Goruck had a sale on blue GR1's awhile back, which was fine by me since I didn't really want a "tactical" color. I stuck a Grey Man Tactical Rigid Molle Panel in it, and then drilled holes in that to mount two two Safariland mag carriers I had lying around.

Name:  Goruck 21L.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  19.7 KB
    Name:  Goruck 21L Rattler.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  30.2 KB

I got a Rattler conversion on one of my SBR'ed AR15 lowers, in January. The Streamlight RM1 mounted on the top rail works pretty good. The switch is close to my thumb when using a magwell grip, and the light doesn't block viewing anything through the optic. A separate BUIS instead of BUIS integrated on the ANVL UKON T1 mount would probably be better if there were more space to mount a separate BUIS, but there's not, so it's probably the next-best option. The SIG Minimalist stock is a bit small, I'll probably change it out to a Minimalist Plus whenever SIG starts making enough of them that they're regularly available again. The only ones I can find right now are going for $50-100 more than list price.

Name:  DPMS Rattler right.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  26.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Goruck had a sale on blue GR1's awhile back, which was fine by me since I didn't really want a "tactical" color. I stuck a Grey Man Tactical Rigid Molle Panel in it, and then drilled holes in that to mount two two Safariland mag carriers I had lying around.

Name:  Goruck 21L.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  19.7 KB
    Name:  Goruck 21L Rattler.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  30.2 KB

I got a Rattler conversion on one of my SBR'ed AR15 lowers, in January. The Streamlight RM1 mounted on the top rail works pretty good. The switch is close to my thumb when using a magwell grip, and the light doesn't block viewing anything through the optic. A separate BUIS instead of BUIS integrated on the ANVL UKON T1 mount would probably be better if there were more space to mount a separate BUIS, but there's not, so it's probably the next-best option. The SIG Minimalist stock is a bit small, I'll probably change it out to a Minimalist Plus whenever SIG starts making enough of them that they're regularly available again. The only ones I can find right now are going for $50-100 more than list price.

Name:  DPMS Rattler right.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  26.2 KB
    What kind of adapter are you using to make that stock work on a standard AR lower?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    What kind of adapter are you using to make that stock work on a standard AR lower?
    https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-stock-adapter.html

The Rattler conversion kits come with the upper, the stock adapter, and a hinge to allow an AR receiver extension and stock to fold (which I didn't use).

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/mcx-stock-adapter.html

The Rattler conversion kits come with the upper, the stock adapter, and a hinge to allow an AR receiver extension and stock to fold (which I didn't use).
    Awesome, thanks! May I ask when and where did you find the conversion kit? Looks like availability is spotty right now unless one is willing to pay well above MSRP on Gunbroker.

Awesome, thanks! May I ask when and where did you find the conversion kit? Looks like availability is spotty right now unless one is willing to pay well above MSRP on Gunbroker.
    osagecountyguns.com, but I got it almost 2 months ago so don't assume that indicates current availability.

I paid ~$200 more than I "should" have, but nothing near what Gunbroker auctions are going for.

e: I also got an MCX Virtus upper a couple days later, also from OCG.

Name:  Noveske Virtus right.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  24.7 KB

RifleGear occassionally will get them in, you should be able to score if you sign up for the in stock notifications

Site Supporter
    May I ask where one finds MCX-type uppers to put on standard AR lowers?
    It’s an appealing option, if/when they could be found.

User Tag List