Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: House Announces Impeachment Inquiry against the President.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Orange Mussolini, as you put it, might be "crooked" but compared to the results the Chocolate Twist gave us for 8 years, I'll take orange as the new black any day.

You want pure as the driven snow? Then find it and campaign for it. Otherwise politics, like life, is finding the best outcome from the worst dealt hands. So far, I'd say President Trump is running a net positive for the Nation, and by the coat tails they all ride on, the World as a whole.
    I think not shake downing a foreign government to get or create dirt on your political opponent is nice minimum baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I think not shake downing a foreign government to get or create dirt on your political opponent is nice minimum baseline.
    Yes. Things would be so much better with Hillary in seat.

Orange man bad is pretty strong despite zero of us knowing what actually did or didn’t happen.

Yes. He’s probably a dirt bag. But the devils you know are better than the ones you’ve yet to meet.

Site Supporter
    True but the overtness of the corruption seems more extreme now. It wasn't on the TV that Kennedy was sleeping with Marilyn Monroe and Angie Dickinson as compared to coverage of Trump's transgressions.

But you are correct, humanity is inherently corrupt.

BTW - here's a good take on Hunter Biden - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...uption/598804/

It's claimed that he did nothing illegal but the moral corruption of the elites (of all parties) is quite clear.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-27-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yes. Things would be so much better with Hillary in seat.

Orange man bad is pretty strong despite zero of us knowing what actually did or didn’t happen.

Yes. He’s probably a dirt bag. But the devils you know are better than the ones you’ve yet to meet.
    Irrelevant. She didn't win. Additionally had she been elected and done such I would be saying the same. "what about the other guy!" keeps the system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Irrelevant. She didn't win. Additionally had she been elected and done such I would be saying the same. "what about the other guy!" keeps the system in place.
    Sure.

That said if Russia saved us from her or Ukraine “saves” us from Biden then we should thank them.

Why is orangemangood so accepted and encouraged while any criticism of the obvious corruption is met with cries of orangemanbad or TDS as if it’s some sort of legitimate argument?

I think the Schiff "parody" just cost the Dems their chance to snowball through an impeachment. Whata Bozo.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I think the Schiff "parody" just cost the Dems their chance to snowball through an impeachment. Whata Bozo.
    Why? Trump has consistently said "I was joking" for excusing stuff he said.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Why is orangemangood so accepted and encouraged while any criticism of the obvious corruption is met with cries of orangemanbad or TDS as if it’s some sort of legitimate argument?
    jrm: I think you assume your conclusions. Asking Ukraine to investigate corruption is not, in itself a corrupt act. It might be an abuse of power and because it so easily can be abused I'm opposed to do that. But there is a serious issue about corruption here that from what I can see the mainstream media refuses to acknowledge or even think about acknowledging. If, as it is alleged, the Obama administration asked Ukraine for dirt on Trump during the 2016 election, isn't that a step or two worse than asking them to investigate corruption? and if Biden told them to call off their prosecutor from investigating Biden's son's company, isn't that improper on its face?

My own view on Orangeman is that he is a symptom of a deeply corrupt time, but no more--and strangely enough--probably less than his inquisitioners, including the media. As for TDS it is real and it is documented. I know people who have spent time every day since the election of 2016 obsessing about the chance to impeach Trump. They spend many of their waking hours hoping the next revelation will mean the fall of Trump and the restoration of the Obama-America that they strangely view as the norm. That is Trump derangement syndrome.

Now admittedly I thought the Bush derangement syndrome that many of these same people had until January 2009 was even odder--Trump is far more obnoxious than Bush--but this whole thing reminds me of nothing so much as the Blues v. the Greens (if I have my colors straight) of the 7th Century Eastern Roman Empire. Absolute mad passion about something of fairly little importance. Trump will be gone in 2012 or 2025 and if a Rep is elected next we can then move on to a new impeachment frenzy from day 1. (The underlying presumption that triggers these syndromes being that no Republican can legitimately be President of the US). And if a Dem wins the Presidency I can groan with resignation and buy a lot of ammo in the sure knowledge that prices will skyrocket.

Hot Take:

Some of y'all need a fucking remedial Government lesson.

FACT:

Impeachment Proceedings are conducted by the House.

Impeachment Trials are conducted by the Senate.

To be formally impeached (censured and/or removed from office). The House must formally file and declare impeachment proceedings and the Senate must conduct the trial. Proceedings can only proceed to be filed with the Senate with a a 2/3rd majority in the House. Technically, once the House brings the proceedings to the Senate an individual is "impeached" but until the Senate votes to convict the impeachment is in effect "not guilty" and means NOTHING.

Congress a body made up of the House and the Senate, never voted to impeach any president - ever. Twice, the House has brought impeachment proceedings to the Senate for trial. Twice the Senate has not voted to convict.

Okay, everyone clear on that?

___

Your homework is to go figure out why Trump cannot be convicted of "treason". (Hint; because TREASON means something very specific). And as a result short of an actual criminal violation that can be proved by the DOJ, impeachment proceedings even if they proceed through the House, will never survive a Senate Trial. Why? Because the Constitution is pretty clear on the whole thing.

This whole thing is stupid. But it's really good for seeing who didn't stay awake during Social Studies/Government/Civics class in high school or college...

User Tag List