Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot update - June 2019

Was speaking with a fellow competitor Saturday, and he is right at 30,000 trouble free rounds through a pair of SRO optics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Single data point and all....one of my staff is a Production M who's looking to make the switch to CO for the same reasons I am...aging eyes. He acquired a milled CZ SP01 slide and an SRO, new in box. The SRO failed after literally the first round to sight it in. He's a bit disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Single data point and all....one of my staff is a Production M who's looking to make the switch to CO for the same reasons I am...aging eyes. He acquired a milled CZ SP01 slide and an SRO, new in box. The SRO failed after literally the first round to sight it in. He's a bit disappointed.
    Meh…..all brands have a small percentage of infant mortality. Trijicon will take care of his problems.

I just fired my MOS with a 508t for the first time. I can't believe I didn't buy one of these a couple years ago. It really is like cheating.

Now I want to sell off pistols I don't use and just have 3 or so RDS 9mm gen 5s.

Just went over the 6k round mark on my Trijicon SRO mounted to a Gen 5 34 MOS. No issues at all, here’s a run from my most recent CO match, finished 2nd in CO.

https://youtu.be/Yr8RHXkfTDE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I need to call and see what is up, as I have a dozen or so DP Pros that need to be replaced. My wife has a Romeo 1 Pro on a practice Legion that has been good for a few thousand rounds, but I also have heard of a few that broke around the same round count, so for me the jury is still out. The SRO is the “surest” choice today for a competition slide mounted pistol optic.
    Anything further from Leu. about updated/ruggedized new DPPs?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Anything further from Leu. about updated/ruggedized new DPPs?
    Nope, but I haven’t checked in a while. Will see what I can find out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nope, but I haven’t checked in a while. Will see what I can find out.
    TIA for checking, I have 2 SRO's that work for my gaming but if another 2011 comes to fruition I'm *considering* a DPP sans a plate.

That said wish I could find Jerry's new 940 Mossberg FS somewhere, crickets in a thread here & in my FFL's search to find me one w/ his sources.

Site Supporter
    Just ran an SRO through about 800 rounds in 2 days at a Modern Samaurai RDS class. G17.5 MOS with C&H V 3 plate. No issues other than un-burnt powder from my work practice ammo fouling the lens. It's the purple Winchester GOV training ammo. It's accurate and reliable, but super dirty.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just ran an SRO through about 800 rounds in 2 days at a Modern Samaurai RDS class. G17.5 MOS with C&H V 3 plate. No issues other than un-burnt powder from my work practice ammo fouling the lens. It's the purple Winchester GOV training ammo. It's accurate and reliable, but super dirty.
    Any idea of the cost savings using the RITA from Winchester? You guys order way more than we do (we shoot about 1.5 million rounds of .40 a year), but when I looked at using the Federal Syntech purple training round, it wasn't really worth the minor cost savings.

In another note, do you guys use Winchester for duty? We've had....very bad luck with our RA40T recently, after years of no issues.

User Tag List