Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Army officer sues Virginia police over violent traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay, I respect your perspective.

But you need to understand... I’m a white, middle-aged retired military officer.
    I support law enforcement officers by default.

I’m not just middle-America, I’m Right / Blue America.

And this bothers me. I still see a guy assuming that because he’s a “good guy”, he’ll be treated as a good guy.

And I’m assuming the “bunch of bullshit” is the LT’s behavior, not my observations / interpretations of it.
    He didn’t want to be a good guy, he wanted to be a victim. But disobeying lawful orders during a traffic stop doesn’t make you a victim, it makes you an asshole.

No, the “bullshit” was totally referencing your post. You could write for CNN with that kind of spin.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit.

There was passive and active resistance. That guy was not acting like anyone that was scared. He video’d it and got exactly what he wanted. Guy jerked away and refused to get out of the vehicle after numerous lawful commands before he got sprayed.

Yeah, commands could have been better (though they’re not as bad as some people act like), tactics could have been better. Bottom line, all he had to do was pull over. Instead, he wanted a payday, and he’ll get one.

Plenty of other examples, including a sailor that was in a shots-fired incident today with LE in Hawaii, the Navy Corpsman that was killed by police— and that’s just in the last few days.
    That’s more concise thank you. I think the person in question could have been more cooperative. I don’t think that cbs video shows the totality of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Woodard

Southern police and soldiers have a history.
    Yup, in the days of the one party, Democrat South.
    #RESIST

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Woodard

Southern police and soldiers have a history.
    You linked a story from 1946? Was anyone on this forum even alive then? Is that actually relevant for just about anything here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s what I found in the VA code. I kinda doubt this guy mounted it improperly on purpose and then went for a drive in uniform, dog in the crate in the back. I suspect the dealer threw it on there that way.
    Probably. Still not proper display and a valid reason for a stop.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Still not proper display and a valid reason for a stop.
    Probably, I just can’t find anything definitive in VA code either way and I haven’t seen enough temp tags to know otherwise.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I get emotions will flare on both sides, but stick to the Code of Conduct. Just pre-emptive as things start to get heated.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You linked a story from 1946? Was anyone on this forum even alive then? Is that actually relevant for just about anything here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea when Dad was at Shreveport they wouldn't let colored Marines off base for fear of what would happen. Jim Crow is a terrible past.

All I saw here was a cracker LEO who gets wound up real tight when things aren't going to plan. The VSP police would probably have handled it differently. Pulling a weapon on a traffic stop unless there is clear and present danger doesn't seem like a normal reaction to me. My guess the LEO is looking for another job once the city settles.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Yea when Dad was at Shreveport they wouldn't let colored Marines off base for fear of what would happen. Jim Crow is a terrible past.
    How does this relate to this incident?

User Tag List