Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Model Requests

With all the Beretta PX4 love on the forum for the last year or so, have you thought about offering the wing claw AIWB holster for those models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    With all the Beretta PX4 love on the forum for the last year or so, have you thought about offering the wing claw AIWB holster for those models?

You've got no idea what's in store for those...
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Oh c'mon man! You've got to stop doing that to me. I'm still waiting for what you had in store to replace my Dr. Scholl's heel pad for the G17 holster.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Oh c'mon man! You've got to stop doing that to me. I'm still waiting for what you had in store to replace my Dr. Scholl's heel pad for the G17 holster.

Soon™

Actually working on that now.
    Dark Star Gear

Any 1911 newness for 2017?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Any 1911 newness for 2017?
    We have our clip-on with a claw for most 1911's (Springfield Rail) and are working on the new Colt Railgun (M45A1/CCU). Also have a universal 1911 holster in the works.
    Dark Star Gear

New Model Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    So hypothetically, if someone was seriously considering carrying a PX4 instead of his/her Glocks, when could this hypothetical person expect such a product to be available? Asking for a friend.

Last edited by WobblyPossum; 03-03-2017 at 01:01 PM.

So hypothetically, if someone was seriously considering carrying a PX4 instead of his/her Glocks, when could this hypothetical person expect such a product to be available? Asking for a friend.

Still up in the air a little. At least a month.
    Dark Star Gear

Site Supporter
    Do you have a pic of the CP sheath/mag pouch set up?

New Model Requests

If suggestions are being taken, I wanted to mention one "outside the box".

Not being rail thin, I've struggled with A/IWB holsters ever since I started carrying. My solution ended up being a high-riding, OWB leather holster by Mitch Rosen.

For my short-barrel, G26-sized subcompact, it works fantastically well. I get a holster I can conceal in a XL T shirt or polo, the neutral cant OWB constructions means I have a fairly smooth run of my belt with more contact area on my pants, which reduces needed belt tension as well as slipping. The position just forward of strong side hide near the inguinal crease is comfortable standing, sitting or driving.

With fixed loops, I don't have to fiddle with clips or thread PTD loops. Just thread the open tail of the belt through and buckle. It also works well when nature calls, which is a worthwhile feature.

My only concern is the longevity of the unreinforced leather mouth for repeated draws. Say for a class, or in competition. As in, one holster to use for carry as well as gaming.

Just a suggestion, but this approach has worked so well for me that I think a Kydex version of this design approach (OWB, high riding, neutral cant) in compact and subcompact pistols (e.g. G19, G26) would be worth considering in future plans. Especially for the aging geezer market segment looking for more comfort.

MR OWB leather holster showing neutral cant and high-riding construction.
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 10-14-2017 at 10:23 PM. Reason: IMG tag

User Tag List