Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M1152 & M1153 9mm Loads Info

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't like 115gr 9mm, and velocity in itself doesn't impress me. Looks like cheap practice ammo to me. The 147gr load looks good--assuming the bullet is well designed.
    Same here, however....

If for some reason I was forced to carry a 9mm 115-grain JHP, I'd probably go with a 9mm 115-grain XTP JHP like this-

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...18785726857273
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I can agree with not liking 115 gr. for hollow point loadings, but I think it makes sense for FMJ to go on the lighter side when you are guaranteeing sufficient penetration... best to get highest velocity in this case..

9mm Winchester Service Grade SG9W

This ammo looks suspiciously like the M1152 load. 115 grain, FMJ FP. Listed at 1300 fps. Comes in brown boxes.

Name:  x25833.jpg.pagespeed.ic.t9-nEW2fQP.jpg
Views: 3343
Size:  24.2 KB

Pretty good groups out of my HK P30L. 1.375" in the x-ring at 20 yards.
    Last edited by LtDave; 04-25-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Okay, dammit, where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't like 115gr 9mm, and velocity in itself doesn't impress me. Looks like cheap practice ammo to me. The 147gr load looks good--assuming the bullet is well designed.
    Word on the street is that it's basically a bonded Ranger/PDX1 bullet, with some mods which is a good thing. I'd like to think that it will be an improvement over the old Mk243 Mod 0, which is the current standard issue JHP round, and is also 147 grains.

Interesting that the rationale for JHP is to 'reduce collateral damage.' I wonder who'll actually get it and if they will be using it from a subgun or not.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Interesting that the rationale for JHP is to 'reduce collateral damage.' I wonder who'll actually get it and if they will be using it from a subgun or not.
    I can't speak for the Army because they do strange things, but the people in the blue who currently are issued JHP are: special operations troops such as PJs, CCTs, and SOW/T; sometimes the TAC/P dudes get it but only if they're assigned to an Army unit that would also have it; all AF OSI agents; and last but not least all Security Forces troops for CONUS LE and base defense. That won't change when we get saddled with the M18s and the new rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Okay, dammit, where did you get it?
    It’s out there. Priced at $9 to $10/box. Got mine from Ammo Supply Warehouse for $180/M.
    Last edited by LtDave; 04-25-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    It’s out there. Priced at $9 to $10/box. Got mine from Ammo Supply Warehouse for $180/M.
    Is it this stuff? They list MV as 1190 fps, pretty much standard.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    This ammo looks suspiciously like the M1152 load. 115 grain, FMJ FP. Listed at 1300 fps. Comes in brown boxes.

Name:  x25833.jpg.pagespeed.ic.t9-nEW2fQP.jpg
Views: 3343
Size:  24.2 KB

Pretty good groups out of my HK P30L. 1.375" in the x-ring at 20 yards.
    From what I found it sounds like this is run off the same machines/spec as what is provided to NATO currently. Saw 9mm, .40, .38 and .45.

User Tag List