Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson gone

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am not sure if I agree with that article. The situation today is very different from 10years ago. We are witnessing legacy media being replaced with new alternatives. Those alternatives didn’t exist even 5 years ago. I think cable news are going away together with their boomer audience. No matter what we think of Carlson, he may be better off without Fox News.
    boomer audience

You would be correct about the boomer audience. Largest consumer of cable news is 55 or older. I think those live broadcast habits evolved in the 60's-70's. Turn on, tune in, drop out.

I think the last cable news I watched was on a treadmill in a gym about 5 years ago. We can't watch it at home because we don't have a way to watch it. No dish or cable. We never had cable and the dish was gone about 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-25-2023 at 09:05 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Tucker got shitcanned because he went from being a conservative commentator to a purveyor of bullshit. And, while modern Republicans seem to be fond of orange flavored bullshit, there comes a certain liability to establishments such as FNC that offer the Carlton and Bongino dishes to hungry customers.

The system work. FNC is paying a steep price for peddling Trump’s bullshit. Yet another person who latched into Trump’s coattails is being relegated to obscurity. Hopefully, the network will emerge stronger and get back to reporting real news rather than pandering to boomers who actually pay attention the Depends and ED commercials.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Tucker got shitcanned because he went from being a conservative commentator to a purveyor of bullshit. And, while modern Republicans seem to be fond of orange flavored bullshit, there comes a certain liability to establishments such as FNC that offer the Carlton and Bongino dishes to hungry customers.

The system work. FNC is paying a steep price for peddling Trump’s bullshit. Yet another person who latched into Trump’s coattails is being relegated to obscurity. Hopefully, the network will emerge stronger and get back to reporting real news rather than pandering to boomers who actually pay attention the Depends and ED commercials.
    If it last longer than 4 hours, see your doctor.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    ????

Name:  0A650774-18BF-4182-94F4-B2D224E85A4B.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  48.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ????

Name:  0A650774-18BF-4182-94F4-B2D224E85A4B.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  48.5 KB
    “Woke Forest University” lol
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I go to Pistol-Forum for my News!
    Indeed. Often P-F is where I first hear of something, and often it is where one can find the most intelligent and informed analysis.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    C'mon dude, don't post bare links. Take the time to provide a relevant quote from the article.
    He probably posted that from his phone using only his dominant hand, while practicing WHO drills with one of those new 10mm's

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

This sort of stuff is kind of interesting to me. It's normal to be butthurt about a guy that kicked your ass. We've all been there.

Spending years developing a very intricate canon of why that guy that kicked your ass is no good is a new level. At some point, you would think a bit of self realization would kick in and a few thoughts of 'Why did he kick my ass? Maybe I should work on X? Or Y? Maybe I just got my ass kicked, it happens.' would kick in.

'The people that support the guy that kicked my ass aren't real or have been brainwashed by magical foreign mind tricks' is one way to go, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    "The star at Fox isn't the stars!"
    Before the article, I had not wondered where Bill O'Reilly went to in quite some time...

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    This sort of stuff is kind of interesting to me. It's normal to be butthurt about a guy that kicked your ass. We've all been there.

Spending years developing a very intricate canon of why that guy that kicked your ass is no good is a new level. At some point, you would think a bit of self realization would kick in and a few thoughts of 'Why did he kick my ass? Maybe I should work on X? Or Y? Maybe I just got my ass kicked, it happens.' would kick in.

'The people that support the guy that kicked my ass aren't real or have been brainwashed by magical foreign mind tricks' is one way to go, I guess.
    I'm not tracking. Who's ass did Tucker or Trump ever kick? Did Trump build the great wall? Nope. Did he repeal and replace Obamacare? Nope.
    Did he even profer the infrastructure bill he said he would? Nope. Did he eliminate the debt he said he would? Nope. $8 TRILLION added to the debt in his first term. Did he create a renaissance of American manufacturing? Our manufacturing sector went into recession in Summer 2019 ( I don't think Fox News ran that bit of news), probably pushed there by the cost of importing raw material and components (tariffs). Tired of winning we were.

Trump's term was largely a dud except for feeding his devout outrage red meat. Oh wait, he kicked the Syrian Kurds' asses by throwing them to the Turks while they patrolled with our SF. He wrecked them good. And he ruined our AFG ally by negotiating the surrender deal with the Taliban. He wrecked them good too. Those can't be what you meant.

If you mean Tucker kicking his competition's asses in ratings, well yeah, that's cable TV ratings and there is lots of solid context already posted for how that's being good at a crappy game.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-26-2023 at 07:12 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List