Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1,000 Lumen X300U

FWIW, I have carried Surefire since 2004 in various capacities.

In 2010, I began carrying Streamlight products (TLR1 and later TLR1-HL) due to some restrictions and limitations that aren't germane to the discussion, but it made me a believer in Streamlight's legitimacy in the weapon mounted light (WML) realm.

I put thousands of rounds (.40, 9mm, and 5.56) through weapons with both Surefire and Streamlights. This included SA and FA weapon systems utilizing factory ammunition. I had no shooting related issues with the lights. I had one (1) TLR-1 HL lens crack/break. The light still worked and Streamlight had it repaired (free) within ten (10) business days.

However, when I had the opportunity I went all Surefire, all the time. This thread has already addressed many of the reasons why I went all SF so I won't go into great detail, but they include consistency with switches, consistent light output, single light output without "programing," light pattern, etc.

When asked, I will still recommend two (2) light "options" for those who intend to use it beyond sofa coin searches.

Option A: Surefire
    Option B: Streamlight

If I have my choice, I will go Surefire everyday. Their quality and innovation is peerless. Streamlight is a legitimate "Option B," if you absolutely cannot get a Surefire for whatever reason or excuse. Yes, there is a difference between a reason and an excuse. I just recently upgraded my two (2) handheld lights, a rifle light, and two (2) pistol lights to higher lumen/new model SF lights, and I could not be more pleased with the product.

In the world of serious illumination tools, I do not believe there is a reasonable "Option C" - at this time.

Buy once, cry once. Surefire is worth every penny.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    FWIW, I have carried Surefire since 2004 in various capacities.

In 2010, I began carrying Streamlight products (TLR1 and later TLR1-HL) due to some restrictions and limitations that aren't germane to the discussion, but it made me a believer in Streamlight's legitimacy in the weapon mounted light (WML) realm.

I put thousands of rounds (.40, 9mm, and 5.56) through weapons with both Surefire and Streamlights. This included SA and FA weapon systems utilizing factory ammunition. I had no shooting related issues with the lights. I had one (1) TLR-1 HL lens crack/break. The light still worked and Streamlight had it repaired (free) within ten (10) business days.

However, when I had the opportunity I went all Surefire, all the time. This thread has already addressed many of the reasons why I went all SF so I won't go into great detail, but they include consistency with switches, consistent light output, single light output without "programing," light pattern, etc.

When asked, I will still recommend two (2) light "options" for those who intend to use it beyond sofa coin searches.

Option A: Surefire
    Option B: Streamlight

If I have my choice, I will go Surefire everyday. Their quality and innovation is peerless. Streamlight is a legitimate "Option B," if you absolutely cannot get a Surefire for whatever reason or excuse. Yes, there is a difference between a reason and an excuse. I just recently upgraded my two (2) handheld lights, a rifle light, and two (2) pistol lights to higher lumen/new model SF lights, and I could not be more pleased with the product.

In the world of serious illumination tools, I do not believe there is a reasonable "Option C" - at this time.

Buy once, cry once. Surefire is worth every penny.
    I agree there are only two options, but I don't believe it's cut and dry that Surefire is better than Streamlight for pistol lights. I've seen about an equal number of both X300U's and TLR-1's/2's go down, although admittedly that's only been a handful of each. I wouldn't give either an advantage for reliability though, they are both top notch.

I am a huge fan of the Streamlight TLR-1 switching for advanced right handed shooters. The toggle switches are easier to reach then the X300U because they are extended further back. With my normal two-handed firing grip, I can shoot and hold the light on in momentary without second thought. As soon as I release my offhand grip to move, reload, etc, the light is off.

With less experienced shooters, I do think the X300U controls work better. It can be switched on and left on, which is generally the best practice for people who aren't going to put in some serious reps building the muscle memory to take advantage of a momentary on like the Streamlight.

I've always found the switch too hard to reach. I've been a DG switch user since they were released.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I've always found the switch too hard to reach. I've been a DG switch user since they were released.
    Thanks for cluing me in to this option, may be looking to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Name:  BurgerKing_Hands.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  13.8 KB
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I finally got my 1,000 lumen X300U in and started working with it. Love the overall intensity of the beam, but it is still a very wide spill and I don't see a super defined hotspot compared to my 600 lumen versions. I was using it in my back yard and wooded area with no ambient light and a wide open space, so that may be why the hotspot is bleeding out. PID was possible standing from my front driveway and pointing it across an open space to my wood pile which is roughly 600 feet away. Very impressive little package.

I bought the A model with the traditional QD Latch. This is my preferred mount and I have not had issue with it on a handgun application. I went to mount it on my issued Gen 4 21 today and found that there was an unacceptable amount of play. It felt as though it was barely hanging on. I removed it and placed my 600 Lumen X300U-B back on. I did not have any play issues when I tried the 1,000 lumen version on my 19X, G45, G17.3. To be fair, I have had this play issue with every X300 series light that I placed on the G21. So much so that I went and bought the B model light recently. Looks like now I will be shopping for a 1,000 lumen B model soon.

Doesn't the G21 have the pic rail rather than the Glock width rail?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Only a very small run of G21s have true pic rails. The rest have the standard Glock rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That is what I was thinking - perhaps changing the insert would tighten things up.
    "A man's character is his fate."

All of the gen5 and M glocks also have a pic rail slot width and not a Glock rail width.

User Tag List