Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Optics ready Glock 34 and 35

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Factory RDS Glocks on shelves in stores will hopefully help breach a whole new market of people who would have never sought out custom work to have a slide milled, which will hopefully open up the market for further development of RDS themselves.
    Yup. Between the CORE and these I think we're set to see serious interest in RDS equipped pistols.

Question - I would expect that RDS's are helpful to new shooters. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Question - I would expect that RDS's are helpful to new shooters. Is that correct?
    I wouldn't say that this study closes the book on this subject, but it suggests that a RDS is useful for new shooters. That said, in my experience a pistol mounted RDS is significantly slower than irons (whether for new or experienced shooters), and this study does not address speed.

Norwich University Study On Trijicon RMR Vs Pistol Iron Sights
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Want 41 or 21 with threaded barrel and dot for quiet night-time stuff.
    Kinda wish that they had done the 17/19 sized guns first.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thinking about this, I can see benefits to the 35, even with an optic, as the 35 handles .40 better. I have also not heard much chatter of G35 problems with .40, unlike in the shorter barrel length models.
    You may not hear about them, but I assure you, the problems are there.

edited to add...after reading it again, it sounded snarky to me. Not intended that way at all.

I saw the pictures of the Optic Ready Glocks from Shot Show's Media Day. ITS Tactical did a quick run down of them. According to ITS, you can fit any type of red dot sight on it. According to the pictures the Glocks come with the same plastic sights. I guess you will have to invest in some good sights too. Here is the link if you are interested.
    http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/n...live-coverage/
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

I shot one today at Media Day. It is likely to suffer from the same wandering zero issues as the M&P CORE, as the optic still held to the adapter plate by two screws.

Funny, as the CORE I shot today lost zero as well
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Glock has an interactive site for them now:
    http://us.glock.com/mos?utm_source=f...ign=mos-social

I wonder if custom milling is still the best solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Me too. And does the MOS configured Glock make that any easier for the optic mounting specialty shops?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Until adapter plates fill in the space between the optic and the slide, I would say yes.

What kills me about this is that it would probably only cost a few bucks more to make an adapter plate that would hug the optic body to prevent this exact problem.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

User Tag List