Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: One Dead After Shooting at Protest in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    FYI - nobody mentioned ANTIFA or said this was planned hit, until you did.

Space Invaders - Radical Geographies of Protest by Paul Routledge lays it out. I'm sure the shooter is simply a fanboi of the video game and nothing will surface to show otherwise.
    It's all over another gun site. You can guess which one. They've got it figured out. It was all a planned hit using paid agitators, the news media, the cops and a corrupt DA. Shooter will be home for dinner. Haven't seen a reason why the left would risk one of their own to shoot the victim, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    See above
    Is the band influenced by the video game or the space invader movement?

I need some popcorn. These conspiracy theories are fantastic.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Is there actual video beyond two morons (neither the shooter) arguing, with the annoying guy just repeating "fuck around and find out" on a loop? All I see so far are in the twitter link is screenshots of pepper spray vs bullet with no additional context.

Site Supporter
    Was the security guy there actually "on duty?"

Looks like a potential situation where the security guy was the aggressor and tried to take away the spray from the big guy. Big guy slaps him. Spiraled downhill from there.

Maybe not self defense after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I need some popcorn. These conspiracy theories are fantastic.
    I blame Bill de Blasio.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Was the security guy there actually "on duty?"

Looks like a potential situation where the security guy was the aggressor and tried to take away the spray from the big guy. Big guy slaps him. Spiraled downhill from there.

Maybe not self defense after all...
    Yes, he was working for the news team.

I’m just thrilled that we’ve finally gotten to a point in this country where the political affiliations of people involved in a shooting are equally as important as what led to the incident!
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Really have to wonder what kind of use of force training Pinkerton gave him? I can only imagine they have evolved since their famous "if they have a union sign shoot them" ROE.

I am also wondering about the optic. It seems to me that optic equipped handguns are still in the realm of the "enthusiast shooting" crowd and making some headway perhaps into the SWAT side of LE, but and are far away from general issue. I'm no PS expert but I can't imagine Pinkerton being that "elite" of an organization nor issuing optic equipped guns, so I have to wonder what some guy who apparently has no gun background is doing carrying an enthusiast pistol? It may be as simple as he saw it an just thought it was cool (space invaders and all) but still interesting to me.
    The vast majority of private security firms don't really have UOF training. They act as more of a "talent pool", if you will. Caveat: I have no idea about Pinkerton.

You go to XYZ Security with a certification class and private detective/security guard license under your belt that, A) fulfills a given state's requirement for licensed security guards and, B) the company deems appropriate for the position you're looking to fill, and bada-bing-bada-boom...you're on the job, and bounce from contract to contract. The security company doesn't really have anything to do with it other than putting bodies in slots as the client deems appropriate.

Companies with standardized in-house training are fairly rare unless they're doing it as part of a client's requirement, such as DHS's Federal Protective Service guard contract requirements, US State Department's Worldwide Protective Services' contract, DOE SPO1/2/3 contracts, etc. As far as I know, Gavin de Becker & Associates is one of the only companies that has a robust in-house training program on their own volition. For many smaller contracts like personal protection, the guns will be owned by the individual, not the company or client. That can also depend on the state, such as New Jersey which prohibits company guns and requires the individual licensed security guard to own their piece.

So, usually what you end up with is prior police or .mil working a protection job with 1-3, maybe 5 days of very basic, frankly low-end training. I have no idea how this guy and his apparent lack of background was working this type of job....it's entirely possible that we're looking at incorrect information right now. It's the errornet, after all.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

My thought is that if the decedent's family hires a decent attorney, 9News/Tegna and Pinkerton are on the hook for a healthy settlement.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Is the band influenced by the video game or the space invader movement?
    ....the video game.

User Tag List