Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 640 Pro VS Kimber K6S

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Can I muddy up your thread and say I've been doing the same debate, only with a 640 Pro and the SP101 Wiley Clapp?

I know folks are having good luck with the Kimber, but it's shorter track record, lower availability of parts and aftermarket stuff, and the fact that I spent quite a bit of time trying to fix friend's Kimber 1911s give me pause.
    I talked with Marc Morganti of Gemini Customs yesterday. His opinion was go with the Ruger. He said it will last you a lifetime.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/K6S/k6s.html
    https://revolverguy.com/kimber-k6s-from-blank-paper/
    https://revolverguy.com/kimber-k6s-dc-notes-field/

Just a few articles that I found interesting enough to post. Each one had bits I found informative.
    Firing pin breakage speedloaders not working internals changed from original S&W specs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    This guy did it and wrote an article on it.

https://revolverguy.com/filing-revolvers-front-sight/
    Thanks for that.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just connecting dots...

For those who might be a little confused, a single discussion has been going on in both this and the I must have this one... thread about, "Wouldn't it be awesome if Ruger made a K6s-like gun based on the SP101?"

So if you want the full version, you need to read both places.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Just connecting dots...

For those who might be a little confused, a single discussion has been going on in both this and the I must have this one... thread about, "Wouldn't it be awesome if Ruger made a K6s-like gun based on the SP101?"

So if you want the full version, you need to read both places.
    Is it suitable to merge?

So when I started this thread I was looking at a revolver for a specific role and that was an easy and low pro way to get to work and back. At this point I’m using a 43x for pretty much everything. It isn’t as convenient as a small revolver or as versatile but the increase in capability out ways all of that for me.

That being said there are times when a pocket gun is still necessary and a j frame does that better than anything else for me. My point is the Kimber is out as an option and the 640 is in. The reason for this is it is most similar to a scandium framed j frame and much better suited as a trainer.

If I were looking for a j frame size belt revolver I would go with the Kimber. A good friend of my picked one up and it is an extremely nice 6 shot package. It seems to be as durable as a 640 or SP101 and adds an additional round.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The K6S review by Chris at Lucky Gunner established that his particular example showed dismal accuracy with 135gr Short Barrel Gold Dots.
    I was wondering if anyone here could expand on this, either with confirmation or contradiction, based on their own experiences.

The 640Pro and my experience thus far. You spend $600.+ on a new revolver from one of the biggest names in the industry, my expectation out of the box perfection and to my surprise or disappointment this was not the case X-3 samples to choose from, or walk away. So hoping the choice was right, left with a blue box and five shooter. After shooting 700+ rounds various brands/weights it was obvious the revolver needed some fine tuning. My usual go-to-guy Doug Payne @ Gunboat Outfitters could not be located. So off this went to Marc invoice posted. Yes, very pleased with the work performed but the additional cost invested into a new revolver before I can even mess it up? I have put an additional 250 rounds since it was returned and yes there is a significant improvement/enjoyment. If Kramer could fix my holster to provide the slightest retention I might even be able to carry this revolver someday, holster is back with Kimmie my correspondence requests either fix it correctly or refund my $$$. Would I do this again, tough decision, but yes, getting older with poor vision that is not getting any better the sights on the 640P are excellent, they pick up quick and even glow in the dark. Until a time the perfect S&W revolver is produced something with the sights off the 640pro put onto a LS 65-3" (pre mim) this will probably be is good as it gets.
    Attachment 48087

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    The 640Pro and my experience thus far. You spend $600.+ on a new revolver from one of the biggest names in the industry, my expectation out of the box perfection and to my surprise or disappointment this was not the case X-3 samples to choose from, or walk away. So hoping the choice was right, left with a blue box and five shooter. After shooting 700+ rounds various brands/weights it was obvious the revolver needed some fine tuning. My usual go-to-guy Doug Payne @ Gunboat Outfitters could not be located. So off this went to Marc invoice posted. Yes, very pleased with the work performed but the additional cost invested into a new revolver before I can even mess it up? I have put an additional 250 rounds since it was returned and yes there is a significant improvement/enjoyment. If Kramer could fix my holster to provide the slightest retention I might even be able to carry this revolver someday, holster is back with Kimmie my correspondence requests either fix it correctly or refund my $$$. Would I do this again, tough decision, but yes, getting older with poor vision that is not getting any better the sights on the 640P are excellent, they pick up quick and even glow in the dark. Until a time the perfect S&W revolver is produced something with the sights off the 640pro put onto a LS 65-3" (pre mim) this will probably be is good as it gets.
    Attachment 48087
    So....the trigger. Do you know the lbs of pull?

Was 13+ and all over the place, now even on all five probably 9ish.

User Tag List