Page 258 of 346 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Worked out the 19X at 50 yards. Meh results. Beat it like a dog with my RTF2 G19 with KKM barrel. Then dropped that KKM barrel into the 19X and the Marksman barrel into the RTF2.

BOOM. Low strike flyer but four shot group just stupid. 6:00 hold on the head at 50 yards. I'll leave the KKM barrel in the 19X for a spell. Marksman barrel in the RTF2.

Interesting to me is that in each of my Gen 3 or 4s I put a KKM barrel in (3 19s and 3 17s) the KKM raised the POI such that I got .245 tall front sights to dial them in.

But swapping OEM Marksman barrel with KKM G19 barrel had the same POI in the 19X. I changed the OEM tritium set to HD's from another pistols with a .245 tall front and got a nice just on the top of the front post POI. I guess the Gen 5 tolerances are such that the KKM doesn't change that aspect vs Marksman barrel.

Attachment 33896

Attachment 33897
    Would you say I could drop in a marksman gen 5 barrel or kkm in my rtf2 and have accuracy close to a gen 5?

I have two rtf2s I really like. I didn't realize the gen 5 barrel was compatible with the gen 3.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Would you say I could drop in a marksman gen 5 barrel or kkm in my rtf2 and have accuracy close to a gen 5?

I have two rtf2s I really like. I didn't realize the gen 5 barrel was compatible with the gen 3.

Thanks.
    Can't say. I think multiple tolerances are tighter in Gen 5 guns but it would be worth a try to me. I've no idea what they cost or where you buy one.

Only G19s have that commonality as far as I know.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Has there been any talk of a Gen5 G26 MOS gun? I thought I had read that the Mk26 Mod 1 was a Gen4 G26 MOS, but I've never seen any factory MOS G26 guns in the wild. I'm to the point now where I want all my guns to at least be CAPABLE of mounting an optic without aftermarket milling.

There was a lot of buzz that the non-MOS 19.5 would have a running change to the same non-cutout gripframe as the MOS version. Has anyone heard more about this?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There was a lot of buzz that the non-MOS 19.5 would have a running change to the same non-cutout gripframe as the MOS version. Has anyone heard more about this?
    I saw one at a gun show this weekend.

According to a Glock rep I spoke with 2 weeks ago, the cutouts are going away. We didn't discuss when, or if it was limited to specific models. He said the feedback about the cutouts led to them being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    According to a Glock rep I spoke with 2 weeks ago, the cutouts are going away. We didn't discuss when, or if it was limited to specific models. He said the feedback about the cutouts led to them being dropped.
    Was there any mention of the non MOS guns also getting the forward serrations?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    I saw one at a gun show this weekend.

Time to start asking my local BL dealer, then. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Was there any mention of the non MOS guns also getting the forward serrations?
    I didn't think to ask. I'll see if I can find out.

Lipsey’s announced Gen5 17s and 19s with colored frames today, but they have the cut-out.

http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=GLPA1950203DE

@El Cid

User Tag List