Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment

@awdxtc

Give Tony an email with what you want. He will likely be able to make it.

I've been carrying in JM almost exclusively for the past three years. He makes the best holsters I've ever used. The fit and retention is just right, he makes every holster as concealable and comfortable as possible and has many options for different body shapes and sizes, carry positions, belt attachments, pistols, you name it.

The Phantom is the only thing I ever liked from Raven and I've had to loosen the retention on most of 'em.

JM is a better product in every aspect.

*I probably have spent a thousand dollars with JM to form that opinion.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 09-19-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I wonder how many Shields were sold because people grew tired of waiting on the 43? People are not patient and will buy something while you are preparing
    That's funny and is the reason I own a Walther PPS, M1. I wanted the Shield but S&W kept dragging their feet. The PPS is the best handgun investment I ever made.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    Fisrt off, how do you like the JM holster? I myself am looking for a replacement for raven. This company has seriously gone off the grid. I check their Facebook page for updates but all I find are repostings of stupid shit other people have posted and zero information about what they are doing as a company. I see they recently moved to Cleveland yet no information on what they are doing. They have pretty much discontinued ever holster for every gun but glocks. Hey I like blocks but I own other guns too, I have a few of the phantom holsters and they are seriously the best holster I have used but it is very disappointing to not be able to order another for a new gun or get one for use with an existing gun that I want to put an X300U on. The worst part is that they wont even say if they are going to start making holsters for other guns again. Like you said nothing but silence.
    First, we have ALWAYS been in the greater-Cleveland area. Technically, we are in North Ridgeville (which is 20 minutes west) but we tell everyone Cleveland because it's the closest city non-Ohio people can at least find on the map.

We haven't "gone off the grid." We discontinued one product line and began clearing out inventory. We told people that on social media. We told people we have a new product line coming to replace the Phantom.

For the past 11 years, we've held to the policy of "show, don't tell." We don't talk about what's brewing in our Skunkworks. Why would I tell the world what I'm working on? So other companies can try to beat me to market? So consumers can complain that I'm not working on a holster for their personal, favorite pistol? So my dealers and consumers can complain because I told them "Coming - Summer 2018" and unexpected delays pushed it till Q1 2019? What do I gain by telegraphing what my end-goal is? More importantly, what do consumers gain by knowing about products that don't yet exist and might never exist? Do you know how many products we have worked on that were stillborn? Hundreds. In no way does it benefit my brand or my customers for me to be a cock-tease about something we are working on, and then turn around and tell everyone "sorry, that's not happening after all."

If you want to know the latest developments, we always announce through our email newsletter first. There is a sign-up tab on our Facebook page.

We have lots of stuff under development. It will be ready when it's ready, and you won't know what it is or when it's coming until perhaps a day or so before it launches. Basically, go back and look at how we launched the Eidolon, and you'll see that we didn't tell people anything until we had units ready for shipment. That's how we roll. I refuse to let RCS be cast in the same light as the SHRIKE upper or the Bren 10, and the way I ensure that is by keeping information close-hold until the time is right.
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com

I never said you were not always in the greater Cleveland area, I was simply stating that you had moved. Yes you discontinued one product line, it just happened to be the most popular and most encompassing one. You have not been taking custom order for around a year, maybe a little more. Thats a long time in my opinion to not offer anything other than a few holsters for a few glock models. I am in no way trying to bash you or your products, I speak very highly of them but lets not bullshit here...its been a VERY long time since someone could order a holster for something other than a glock or the occasional other pistol such as the 509. It wouldn't hurt to let people know a rough idea of when something is coming. Saying eventually is not exactly specific. You don't have to tell us what it is but do let us know there might be hope to get a holster for say a p10c or one of the HKs (not a vp9) that I have bought over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSMichael View Post
    First, we have ALWAYS been in the greater-Cleveland area. Technically, we are in North Ridgeville (which is 20 minutes west) but we tell everyone Cleveland because it's the closest city non-Ohio people can at least find on the map.

We haven't "gone off the grid." We discontinued one product line and began clearing out inventory. We told people that on social media. We told people we have a new product line coming to replace the Phantom.

For the past 11 years, we've held to the policy of "show, don't tell." We don't talk about what's brewing in our Skunkworks. Why would I tell the world what I'm working on? So other companies can try to beat me to market? So consumers can complain that I'm not working on a holster for their personal, favorite pistol? So my dealers and consumers can complain because I told them "Coming - Summer 2018" and unexpected delays pushed it till Q1 2019? What do I gain by telegraphing what my end-goal is? More importantly, what do consumers gain by knowing about products that don't yet exist and might never exist? Do you know how many products we have worked on that were stillborn? Hundreds. In no way does it benefit my brand or my customers for me to be a cock-tease about something we are working on, and then turn around and tell everyone "sorry, that's not happening after all."

If you want to know the latest developments, we always announce through our email newsletter first. There is a sign-up tab on our Facebook page.

We have lots of stuff under development. It will be ready when it's ready, and you won't know what it is or when it's coming until perhaps a day or so before it launches. Basically, go back and look at how we launched the Eidolon, and you'll see that we didn't tell people anything until we had units ready for shipment. That's how we roll. I refuse to let RCS be cast in the same light as the SHRIKE upper or the Bren 10, and the way I ensure that is by keeping information close-hold until the time is right.
    I concur that it's not helpful to talk up a product that's not ready. I think the point people are trying to make is that by stopping production of the current holsters you've lost sales and customers. I started using the Phantom in 2008 or 2009 and have used them for every pistol that have. I still wear one on duty every day.

But... I needed holsters for other guns. I waited for months to get one for a G34 with X300. And I waited and I waited. I grew tired of waiting and ordered from JMCK. I have a G40 longslide. Waited... emailed... called... nothing. Then Raven announces the Phantom is discontinued. The replacement might be the best holster in the history of holsters. But like many others, I need holsters today. Maybe there's a really good reason Raven can't keep making the Phantom while developing and tooling for the new holster. No matter the reason it's cost you customers and revenue.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-20-2017 at 08:51 PM.

I don't really understand this kerfuffle. RCS knows how to run their business, else they wouldn't be doing so well. In a world where established companies are releasing dangerous/garbage products without testing them to their fullest, RCS doesn't say a word until their offering is fully vetted. Why wouldn't we commend them for it?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    RCS doesn't say a word until their offering is fully vetted. Why wouldn't we commend them for it?
    I think the issue is a word was said (see above post from RCS), existing inventory liquidated, and no interim offering was available for many, forcing them to look ( and potentially remain) elsewhere. YMMV. And I do own/like their holsters.
    Last edited by Willard; 09-20-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I don't really understand this kerfuffle. RCS knows how to run their business, else they wouldn't be doing so well. In a world where established companies are releasing dangerous/garbage products without testing them to their fullest, RCS doesn't say a word until their offering is fully vetted. Why wouldn't we commend them for it?
    Valid point, they test products longer than some have been in business.

It's also worth noting that people were bitching about being "beta testers" for the Gen 5 they were never gonna buy.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I've been a Raven fan for a long time. I have quite a few The Malabar Front receipts myself. The best possible concealment of the hundred or so holsters and combos I have ever tried is with a G19 in a Phantom with loops mounted on wings. Just disappears on me.

It is sad as a long time customer to be looking for new holsters from you guys and not seeing much. I tried an Eidolon for AIWB but it was just too much one size fits all but me for me. I am starting to carry a M&P 2.0 compact now and I had to go elsewhere.

I wish you well and really hope to like your new products, I am really curious to see what you come out with.

The replacement for the phantom is up on the site.

User Tag List