Page 247 of 431 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I live just accross the river from RAF at the foot of the turnpike bridge. I am a member and friends Joe, James & AL. Did you use to shoot their Monday night IDPA matches?
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    I live just accross the river from RAF at the foot of the turnpike bridge. I am a member and friends Joe, James & AL. Did you use to shoot their Monday night IDPA matches?
    I never knew they had Monday night IDPA. I've been a member for two years. Joe is a bad as me when it comes to talking, and I was there for FOUR hours last Friday! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    in the neighborhood of 600,000 rounds through DA/SA guns, "de-cocking" is a Hardwired sub conscious thing for me. For the girlfriend who is fairly new to serious pistol work, and totally new to DA/SA, de-cocking is all new.
    DB - I'm wrestling with the choice of DA/SA vs DAO for a novice and "average" folk. In your case of a pure self defense purpose, not competition, using a PX4 Compact, what is your thinking of moving girlfriend to DA/SA and all the associated "learning" vs just going DAO? What are the pros/cons you see for the choice and overall reasoning?

In another thread Mr. Langdon mentioned the new WC 92 hammer works in the PX4 and the benefits were:

"Better quality sear notch and DA hook on the hammer, more consistant and wire EDM cut. Also has a modification that reduces the pre travel in single action by keeping the trigger bar a little farther forward.

The weight is located in the right place on the hammer so that you get maximum energy for striking the firing pin. This give better reliablity with low weight hammer springs used to improve the DA pull weight. "

Has anyone done this to their Px4? What hammer spring did you mate it to? Is this the correct hammer: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/W...oductinfo/785/ ?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    DB - I'm wrestling with the choice of DA/SA vs DAO for a novice and "average" folk. In your case of a pure self defense purpose, not competition, using a PX4 Compact, what is your thinking of moving girlfriend to DA/SA and all the associated "learning" vs just going DAO? What are the pros/cons you see for the choice and overall reasoning?
    DAO autos are simply hard to shoot.....period. They "can" be shot well, but they are a tough road. I kind of look at the LEM as the solution for the DAO equation. I have tried to like DAO's based on my love of revolvers. Simply not there.

With that said, the way my girlfriend carries is basically a way that has a ton of the same issues as AIWB. Purse carry. Here is reality.....hate it all you want, purse carry is simple reality for a ton of women. To just say it's "wrong" and ignore it is simply not accepting reality. So, if many women are going to purse carry, even if it is only during occasions where dress expectations simply preclude waistline carry, then let's look at the issues involved.
    From a shooting perspective, the DA/SA system is very shootable when it comes time to shooting, especially when we get into the SA portion of the mix. For unholstering, presenting from a manner where things we don't want to cover may be getting covered, the DA trigger is obviously the hot ticket. For re bolstering into a purse (or appendix) holster, the adults to cover the hammer is critical. The shape of the PX4CC, especially with the Langdon modified concealed hammers is really optimal. I also like the "thinking" portion of the initial trigger press. Gets more evaluation time during he press. This is especially useful for those who don't do it all the time. I find most people think they are better at threat evaluation than they really are, and many have a bit of a fantasy view of what they think he problem will look like. Reality is a cruel mistress and many force problems are extremely grey and vague.....especially in the beginning. Additionally, I have always liked the DA hammer movement as a visual indicator that you are pressing the trigger, as well as an indicator of how you are pressing the trigger.
    Just a few random thoughts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GhastlyTT View Post
    In another thread Mr. Langdon mentioned the new WC 92 hammer works in the PX4 and the benefits were:

"Better quality sear notch and DA hook on the hammer, more consistant and wire EDM cut. Also has a modification that reduces the pre travel in single action by keeping the trigger bar a little farther forward.

The weight is located in the right place on the hammer so that you get maximum energy for striking the firing pin. This give better reliablity with low weight hammer springs used to improve the DA pull weight. "

Has anyone done this to their Px4? What hammer spring did you mate it to? Is this the correct hammer: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/W...oductinfo/785/ ?

Thanks!
    I expect EL has. However the trigger bar in the 92 that he discussed in the same post, I don't think works in a PX4.
    But the spring that works in a 92, is also his recommended spring for a PX4, and that is the Wilson combat #12 spring. Second choice is the D spring that is for a Cougar or PX4.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I expect EL has. However the trigger bar in the 92 that he discussed in the same post, I don't think works in a PX4.
    But the spring that works in a 92, is also his recommended spring for a PX4, and that is the Wilson combat #12 spring. Second choice is the D spring that is for a Cougar or PX4.
    Appreciate your reply. I figured as much and know the trigger bar was 92 specific.

My Non-CC Px4 compact has all the exterior mods and a Beretta D spring. I'm thinking I may pick up the comp trigger group and replace the group's hammer with the WC hammer before putting it in my gun. That post in the Brig tac thread was the first I've seen the WC hammer mentioned regarding the PX4 and it sounds like a solid upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by GhastlyTT View Post

Thanks!
    I saw that original post, I haven't tried it yet but I plan too. I put in the 12# WC springs and the pull was improved a fair bit but it was already not bad out of the box.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Ordered two of the WC hammers, they should be here Monday. I plan on putting one in my training gun to see if it works. If all goes well I will install in my carry gun too.
    Last edited by Crusader8207; 07-14-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Has anyone tried any of the other Beretta "go-fast" parts like the steel trigger or the cam block?

User Tag List