Page 289 of 323 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Id really like to find a better option than my compacts gold bead as well.

92X Compact

My VZ grips just came in today for my 92X compact! Love it so far, put a LTT TJIAB in it, bought a JM Custom Kydex AIWB for it from LTT, and this should about top it off. I’ll post pics tomorrow when I get out of the field.

I just got my third Elite LTT full-size. This one I got from LTT instead of the LGS like I did the first two. Ordered this one with trigger job and NP3. Taking a vacation day Friday, range report should be up Friday night.

I will say that out of the box, the trigger is excellent. I really can’t wait to run this thing through its paces.

Name:  20200818_133100.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  63.5 KB
    New hammer

Waiting on a TLR7a and a new jmcustom wml aiwb holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I just got my third Elite LTT full-size. This one I got from LTT instead of the LGS like I did the first two. Ordered this one with trigger job and NP3. Taking a vacation day Friday, range report should be up Friday night.

I will say that out of the box, the trigger is excellent. I really can’t wait to run this thing through its paces.
    LTT is on my short list, especially now that he offers the RMR cut/plate

Name:  A482FF83-C4FB-47DD-9BDA-6CA3D9ABE31F.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  76.0 KB
    Size comparison

Name:  E2B1E5BF-A711-45C2-ACDA-A3E8ACA81837.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  84ED8C7D-E488-46CA-B818-12A7ADA57340.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  73.4 KB

92X Compact G, railed with a LTT TJIAB and VZ recons installed, using the new Mecgar 15 round compact mags. Size comparison with my G19 included. Size wise, it is slightly larger, but AIWB carry wise feels about the same. The TJIAB feels great! The grips are a bit too aggressive as is, and I will take some sandpaper to them to wear down the sharp high points. IÂ’ve always been a big VZ fan. AIWB (frame of reference, I carry my G19 in a 5 shot SME, picked up a JM Wing Claw 2.5 for the 92X) carry feels roughly similar for the two of them, no appreciable difference in comfort outside of needing to make the VZs a little less aggressive. HavenÂ’t had a chance to shoot it yet, just got it set up.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Centurion/Compact vs. full-size frame machining?

I know it's been discussed that there are differences in the machining between a Centurion and full-size frame to accommodate the Compact slide. It surprises me that I haven't seen any photographic comparison or other detailed breakdown of the differences. Now that there are a bunch of people who have full-size and Centurion or Compact 92s, are any of you curious/interested enough to do a photographic side-by-side of the frames and slides to show exactly what the differences are?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I know it's been discussed that there are differences in the machining between a Centurion and full-size frame to accommodate the Compact slide. It surprises me that I haven't seen any photographic comparison or other detailed breakdown of the differences. Now that there are a bunch of people who have full-size and Centurion or Compact 92s, are any of you curious/interested enough to do a photographic side-by-side of the frames and slides to show exactly what the differences are?
    I saw one somewhere on the internet at one time. I need to get some sleep but if no one else does it I'll break out my Centurion and a fullsize and do a comparison later. I think it's mainly just shorter slide rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Here ya go.
    !cid__downsized_0513121641 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    This is my EII from about 2001 and my police trade-in Centurian from even further back.

Well, I was pumped to buy an m9a3 for LTT to cut, but it looks like that won't happen for a while.

My new m9a3, when a round is chambered, will not decock consistently. I can press the decocker all the way down but it won't actually work unless I press pretty hard. Like, the decock lever is all the way down and stuck in the safe position but isn't decocked.

Has anyone else had this issue?

My gun also has a bald spot on top of the barrel where raw metal is exposed after 100 rounds. Super fun experience with my most expensive beretta

FWIW, I have owned 4 different 92 series guns (still have 3) and haven't seen this issue with any others. Would rather not send it back but that may be my only option.

User Tag List