Page 67 of 260 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo deals!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It's here.
    Out of stock.
    It was there when I posted it. You snooze, you lose.

Site Supporter
    Brownells has 115gr Blazer Brass on sale right now for $182.99. If you apply coupon code "MFV", you get 10% off and free shipping, which lowers the price to $164.69. CCI/Speer/Federal is currently running a $1 per box rebate on this ammo. If that comes through, the total cost drops to $145.69 for a thousand rounds of brass-cased ammo. Last year I bought some steel-cased ammo for about $150 per thousand, but this is the first time I've gotten brass this cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    If that comes through, the total cost drops to $145.69 for a thousand rounds of brass-cased ammo.
    Therein lies the rub. I submitted three separate rebates to Federal late last year (2x Black Boxes, 1x HST) and not a single one has paid out yet. Additionally, the reports from reddit imply that Vista is no longer mailing checks, but is now instead giving out prepaid MasterCards and is extending the fulfillment period out to 10-12 weeks (which, in my case, have already passed for one submission).

I'm usually not one to turn my nose up at deals, but between this and the general weakness/dirtiness of Blazer Brass, I think it's definitely worth considering just paying an extra $10-20 for a case of S&B instead.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Therein lies the rub. I submitted three separate rebates to Federal late last year (2x Black Boxes, 1x HST) and not a single one has paid out yet. Additionally, the reports from reddit imply that Vista is no longer mailing checks, but is now instead giving out prepaid MasterCards and is extending the fulfillment period out to 10-12 weeks (which, in my case, have already passed for one submission).

I'm usually not one to turn my nose up at deals, but between this and the general weakness/dirtiness of Blazer Brass, I think it's definitely worth considering just paying an extra $10-20 for a case of S&B instead.
    Good to know.

I submitted a rebate to Federal on a case of AE Mid January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my debit card a little while back.
    Did you guys check online to see the status of your rebates?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I got my debit card a little while back.
    Did you guys check online to see the status of your rebates?
    I submitted two in late November. Both were approved but I’ve only received one of the cards so far.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

mine was from the late november program, so maybe the later programs are more awash with people taking advantage of it? I know I desperately want to but I can't justify buying more at this point.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter

S&B 9x19 115 Grain FMJ Cheap

$7.99/box, free shipping for 20+ boxes at PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Good to know.

I submitted a rebate to Federal on a case of AE Mid January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The last time I did the rebate thing was a couple years ago. I could be mistaken, but i wanna say it was Remington at the time.

Anyways, between the time it took to get the money, and the time I spent cutting UPC labels, and printing receipts from my online order and mailing it and whatever else I had to do...... I came to the conclusion I didn't care about going through all that anymore. This is a great deal though for the folks that aren't deterred by all that stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post

Oh well. I hope the rebate comes through, but it's a good price even without the rebate. (I bought it before I posted about it.) Blazer Aluminum is on my "do not buy" list, but I can't remember if I've ever even tried Blazer Brass.

I'm about half way through with 2K rounds of S&B, and I've been extremely pleased with it. I'll definitely buy more of it at some point.

User Tag List