Page 384 of 725 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Or maybe they're just giving the American people the "woobie" placebo they want.

or

Maybe they have learned new things about the virus.
    It's been my understanding for weeks now that it can be aerosolized by normal breathing. Yelling, singing, coughing more so, but breathing does it. I must not be paying attention to the right sources to have been so misled.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It's been my understanding for weeks now that it can be aerosolized by normal breathing. Yelling, singing, coughing more so, but breathing does it. I must not be paying attention to the right sources to have been so misled.
    Didn't say it couldn't be...just making an observation.

What are your sources?

What are your sources?
    I don't know if this is one of his sources, but I posted about this a few days ago: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1019674
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Stop listening to the guys down at the tavern.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Early on in this pandemic (before it officially was one), they said stay 3 feet away from other people, which soon became 6 feet, but that never really made sense to me. I read this today:

Lydia Bourouiba, Ph.D., an MIT associate professor, found that when people exhale, droplets carrying the virus can travel in gaseous clouds as far as 27 feet, USA Today reported.
    Source: https://www.newsmax.com/health/healt.../31/id/960704/
    Original Journal of the American Medical Association article: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2763852

I read a different article that I can't find at the moment, and it quoted Dr. Fauci, who basically reacted with, "well, yeah, if someone forcefully sneezes, the virus could be projected out that far, and if you saw it happen you could run in the other direction, but that's not practical guidance to give the public."
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

What are your sources?
    I don't remember exactly what I was reading two to three weeks ago, but it seemed fairly consistent across sources I considered reasonable at the time.

In particular, there was one story about the Chinese epidemiology tracking where they found that infected people got it as passengers on a bus. In one instance, the riders never came closer than 12-15 feet from each other. In another instance, the infected rider got off the bus before the newly-infected rider got on, and the closest locations either of them occupied was a similar distance apart.

The kind of stuff that they can figure out when Big Brother really is watching you...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I don't remember exactly what I was reading two to three weeks ago, but it seemed fairly consistent across sources I considered reasonable at the time.

In particular, there was one story about the Chinese epidemiology tracking where they found that infected people got it as passengers on a bus. In one instance, the riders never came closer than 12-15 feet from each other. In another instance, the infected rider got off the bus before the newly-infected rider got on, and the closest locations either of them occupied was a similar distance apart.

The kind of stuff that they can figure out when Big Brother really is watching you...
    At this point I put very little faith in anything the Chinese Gov't says.

The aforementioned hospital management BBOS (big bunch of bullshit) about staff not being allowed to wear PPE in many venues just got national attention:

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/02/82520...-wearing-masks
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    My business partners sister is a Doc in ABQ.
    She got a letter Tuesday from her Hospitals' Life Insurer, informing her that her coverage would not apply if she died due to a COVID infection.

I've requested a copy of the letter.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List