Page 329 of 725 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I would hazard a guess that you're going to see a massive spike in the number of infected and you're going to need to be on a vent for a week or two until your symptoms subside. So you have a large number of people that will have severe symptoms needing a piece of equipment for an extended period of time. Just cause the fatality rate is so low doesn't mean that you don't have a ton of people that have serious complications that require intervention to survive.
    Won't dispute that, but if they need 30,000 (correct?), how many beds do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Won't dispute that, but if they need 30,000 (correct?), how many beds do they have?
    Totally fair question, I have no idea, but you can't discount the ability to set up field hospitals, house people in rooms that aren't a regular hospital bed etc. I have no doubt they will find the space to use the machines if needed. The alternative is to let people drown in their own fluid...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I would hazard a guess that you're going to see a massive spike in the number of infected and you're going to need to be on a vent for a week or two until your symptoms subside. So you have a large number of people that will have severe symptoms needing a piece of equipment for an extended period of time. Just cause the fatality rate is so low doesn't mean that you don't have a ton of people that have serious complications that require intervention to survive.
    We can send them to the Kennedy Center. That got enough money to install lots of Ventilators.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Well, I would like to hear some reasoning on why that many vents would be needed. Not saying they aren't, just want some justification.
    When the doctors and surgeons treating these folks are calling for them, I take them at their word. I don't think it's because they own stock in the manufacturers.

I mean we may as well question the need for gloves, masks, sterile gauze, etc. Just rub a little dirt on it and soldier on.

Whose word should we be taking if not the experts on the front line?

Or maybe we can just take some of the drugs he was so fond of promoting before any testing was accomplished, and get back to work by Easter.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    We can send them to the Kennedy Center. That got enough money to install lots of Ventilators.
    They did just get a shit ton of money in that stimulus bill, no qualms with your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If there is anything positive to come out of this catastrophe, I hope it is that the good idea fairies, corporate bean counters and professional administrative brown nosers of this world find themselves permanently out of a job.
    Not a chance. The biggest issue will be shoulder injuries from self back patting. They are where they are from not doing hard things, staying out of the ugly, and taking credit for the positive work of others and blaming the negatives on the front line people.....who often were failures because of failures to rain, equip, retain and hire by the exact same folks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When the doctors and surgeons treating these folks are calling for them, I take them at their word. I don't think it's because they own stock in the manufacturers.

I mean we may as well question the need for gloves, masks, sterile gauze, etc. Just rub a little dirt on it and soldier on.

Or maybe we can just take some of the drugs he was so fond of promoting before any testing was accomplished, and get back to work by Easter.
    I agree they need what they need and should have it, but I also know that in times like these when the Gov't tap is opened, entities tend to use it for all it's worth.

I would just like to see the specifics as to how they arrived at that number.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Always Listen to the Guy on the Ground

deleted, posted in error

cc

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Not a chance. The biggest issue will be shoulder injuries from self back patting. They are where they are from not doing hard things, staying out of the ugly, and taking credit for the positive work of others and blaming the negatives on the front line people.....who often were failures because of failures to rain, equip, retain and hire by the exact same folks.
    10 to 1 after all this is over, these will be the people who I'll get either massive bonuses, big promotions, or both.

Not so much for the actual people doing the actual work

User Tag List