Page 397 of 820 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 8198

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Agreed. I'm not understanding the hype around the movie. There were one or two parts that were interesting, but for the most part - yawn.
    I thought it was excellent, every second of film being well-crafted, and it didn't turn into a right- or left-wing screed, despite pointing the finger at some real issues. Mr. Phoenix is amazing to watch.

If you think Joker was slow, the third season of Twin Peaks would drive you insane. Lynch's background as a painter is on full display. I am really glad I got this on Blu-Ray, because with the amount of detail packed on the screen, crappy lo-res streaming would make it "video mud." My wife and I are loving it, but it's certainly for fans of slow, artsy flicks. The market finally caught up with Lynch having 100% control on a project. I think the third season is like one long film.

Kyle MacLaclan as "Mr.C" is scary as fuck. He does great with "subtly inhuman."
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

There's something that's been bugging me about a scene in The Joker. Spoilers ahead:

Now, Alfred (the butler), in a past Batman movie spoke about hunting jewel thieves in Burma. Given his British-sounding accent and the nature of "hunting thieves" I made the assumption he was SAS or something (why someone might go from British SF to a life of servitude, I don't know but...).

Yet, in the Joker movie he just stood there while the joker choked him though a wrought iron gate. A gate that could be easily used to break bones, dislocate joints or simply break the hold the joker had on Alfred.

What, exactly, is Alfred's backstory?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    After Ep2, jury's still out. There's a lot goin' on. And they've attempted to recreate the look of the movies on a fraction of the budget and it shows.
    I got through ep2 and 3. I’m losing interest quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    What, exactly, is Alfred's backstory?
    If you have Amazon Prime, look for the series "Pennyworth."

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    We thought the series finale of 'The Deuce' was excellent. A little sad to see the show go, as I think that era and theme had a lot more stories to tell. But I respect that they went out on a high note rather than milk the show for all it was worth and wind up with an awkward conclusion. I suspect it will clean house come Emmy time.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Watched the final episode of the Ken Burns Country Music documentary with a buddy this weekend (I haven't seen the rest of the series). This episode covers the 80s and 90s so it was in our wheelhouse. I'm not the biggest country music fan but enjoyed it quite a bit and plan to watch the rest eventually. I had forgotten some of the really great songs of that era (Kathy Mattea's "Where've You Been" for instance).
    Also learned that Vince Gill was invited by Mark Knopfler to play guitar with Dire Straits, but he opted to stick it out in Nashville, which worked out OK for him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I had high hopes for Watchmen despite having never read the books and only seeing the movie one time and not thinking it was all that great. The SJW influence ruined any hope it had.

For anyone that liked Jack Ryan on Amazon, season two is available today, a day early.
    Watchmen has always been far left.

Currently watching The Last Post on Amazon. A little dramatic but still a decent representation of British forces in Adan/Yemen in the 60’s. Lots of period correct pistols, L1A1’s and Sterlings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the first 2 episodes of Rick and Morty and Archer tonight. First time I've ever watched either and the jury is still out on both. Each had some real LOL moments but I think 1 or 2 at a time is my limit on them.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm way late to the game, but based on a friend's recommendation, I started "Ray Donovan". Originally it was on Showtime. Prime has season 1 and I'm about 4 episodes in.

Good story about a Hollywood "fixer". Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight are great. There are really no likeable characters in the series. Everyone is a scrote to one degree or another.

Rosco

User Tag List