Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DOJ memo: Drone strikes on U.S. citizens can be legal

Started with the Patriot Act. When getting the bad guys at "any cost", we should in fact weigh those costs carefully. They may be more dear than we can afford to pay.

I'm nauseated.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

And you are a senior leader in ALQ? I can't see a problem with killing EVERY radical islamist regardless of citizenship as fast as one can draw a bead. Why should US citizenship shield somebody like Anwar al-Alaki? You think George Washington would hesitate to pull that trigger on Benedict Arnold? I don't. This war ain't nearly over.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    And you are a senior leader in ALQ? I can't see a problem with killing EVERY radical islamist regardless of citizenship as fast as one can draw a bead. Why should US citizenship shield somebody like Anwar al-Alaki? You think George Washington would hesitate to pull that trigger on Benedict Arnold? I don't. This war ain't nearly over.
    I agree. We're not on the same battlefield of the last century. We'd be amiss to not address the asymmetric, non-uniformed, non-state actor threat we have today.

With that said, I'm not a fan of the current execution as it's quite arbitrary with little oversight on the national command authority. There isn't enough protections built in.....and if there are, we should know about them. Transparency and all that.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    And you are a senior leader in ALQ?
    Oh, I'm not.

But that's not important.

What is very #$%&@$% important is that nobody in some DC basement thinks I am. Otherwise, my first warning of their ____-up will be a Hellfire coming through my ceiling, and all my lawyer will be able to do will be to whisk-broom my remains into a freezer-baggie to use as evidence in None Of Your Goddam Business v. United States.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Posse coma whuties?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Posse coma whuties?
    What??? lol

Yemeni language?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I agree. We're not on the same battlefield of the last century. We'd be amiss to not address the asymmetric, non-uniformed, non-state actor threat we have today.

With that said, I'm not a fan of the current execution as it's quite arbitrary with little oversight on the national command authority. There isn't enough protections built in.....and if there are, we should know about them. Transparency and all that.
    Damn fair point right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Oh, I'm not.

But that's not important.

What is very #$%&@$% important is that nobody in some DC basement thinks I am. Otherwise, my first warning of their ____-up will be a Hellfire coming through my ceiling, and all my lawyer will be able to do will be to whisk-broom my remains into a freezer-baggie to use as evidence in None Of Your Goddam Business v. United States.
    I respect that. But this isn't about you. Or me. It's about killing THEM. And we know who THEM is. And we should kill THEM all. Dear Leader is a long way from launching drone strikes on gun buffs in CONUS.

I respect that. But this isn't about you. Or me. It's about killing THEM. And we know who THEM is. And we should kill THEM all. Dear Leader is a long way from launching drone strikes on gun buffs in CONUS.
    As much as I dislike Obama, I don't disagree.

That said, you set the precedent and you set the framework and it's there for whatever future Dear Leader assumes office.

User Tag List