Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Site Supporter
    5 shots at 20 yards.

My brothers M&P40 1.0 with a gunsmith 9mm conversion barrel fit by yours truly.

It's about as good as I can shoot.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    gunsmith 9mm conversion barrel fit by yours truly.
    What brand?

Site Supporter
    I will bet that it's an Apex barrel.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

For those of us where daily life is the state-required Limited-10 Division how are the 10rd M&P mags? Unremarkable and consistent, I assume?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    For those of us where daily life is the state-required Limited-10 Division how are the 10rd M&P mags? Unremarkable and consistent, I assume?
    I believe I heard @Erick Gelhaus speak to this on a recent podcast. Maybe when he was on @jlw's podcast? I remember some problems mentioned but I don't recall if they were operator error or maybe just early production mags.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    What brand?
    Apex.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    What brand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I will bet that it's an Apex barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Apex
    The reason I asked is that I thought they quit selling conversion barrels.
    Just curiosity at this point, always liked my M&P-40 but recently did a purge to finance an RL1100 and a 1301C and another M&P-9 with a direct mill SRO, so it, and the ~1500 rounds I had loaded got sacrificed in the initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Bought four of them for matches ... three have been ok, and one was a disaster. Disassembling it, brushing & scrubbing it out, and reassembling it hasn't changed a thing. With only a 75% success rate, I won't recommend it.

I have 2 m&P 2.0. I’ve only maybe 1000rds through each and I’m mandated 10rd. No issues EXCEPT in the few competitions I took the 5” to I discovered loading on a closed chamber with them is a serious ordeal so I cut the springs a little and it worked.
    I’m selling the 2 guns but I haven’t had issue yet over 15 mags but my round count is super low.

I have multiple full size M&P 40s and 10s, across all the various iterations, that have been good shooters for me.

This thread has inspired me to go down the M&P Compact 9 Stack-A-Toe rabbit hole.

I ordered my base gun today, a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact. This is the hinged trigger initial 2.0 offering, but I saved a chunk of money and I plan to replace all the trigger parts with Apex. And the barrel. Eventually I'll have it cut for some sort of RDS.

User Tag List