Views: 331
Size:  44.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Hoo dogie.

I don't actually say that in real life.Name:  20220629_202748.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  44.2 KB
    Any good? That's record-level proof in anything other than grain neutral spirits.

Careful not to exhale near any open flames.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Costco had Weller (Green label) handles, plus Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace (fifths) on the shelf today.
    Very happy that Wife asked me to stop by and pick up laundry detergent.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Costco had Weller (Green label) handles, plus Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace (fifths) on the shelf today.
    You made a clean sweep.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Argh, your Costco gets Weller and my liquor store gets 3 bottles allocated a year. Stupid Oregon. Last real good bottle of bourbon I scored was a Colonel EH Taylor. Buffalo Trace is common here though. Congrates!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You made a clean sweep.
    Wife is good karma. Not only was the Tide on sale, but I got a high-five for the bourbon score.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    Argh, your Costco gets Weller and my liquor store gets 3 bottles allocated a year. Stupid Oregon. Last real good bottle of bourbon I scored was a Colonel EH Taylor. Buffalo Trace is common here though. Congrates!
    Our's doesn't even carry liquor. Stupid Oklahoma liquor laws.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Our's doesn't even carry liquor. Stupid Oklahoma liquor laws.
    Texas is its own brand of strange when it comes to alcohol laws.
    The Costco liquor store is a separate entity, is not allowed to require membership and takes all credit cards (Costco only Visa these days).
    Worst part.... Costco is not able to sell their Kirkland branded alcohol because they source it directly from the distillers and don't use the required distribution system in TX that limits who can bring alcohol into the state to licensed distributors. Literally an old boys network.

And I still don't understand why a liquor store is prohibited by law from operating on Sunday.... I know the old reasons why, but, WHY?

The Costco liquor store is a separate entity, is not allowed to require membership and takes all credit cards (Costco only Visa these days).
    Worst part.... Costco is not able to sell their Kirkland branded alcohol because they source it directly from the distillers and don't use the required distribution system in TX that limits who can bring alcohol into the state to licensed distributors. Literally an old boys network.

And I still don't understand why a liquor store is prohibited by law from operating on Sunday.... I know the old reasons why, but, WHY?
    One more thing I love about Arizona. We can buy liquor in Costco, grocery stores, whatever.... including on Sundays. About 15 years ago they finally got rid of the "no alcohol sales before noon on Sunday" BS.

I'd love to see the distribution network disabled though. I should be able to call up a distillery in TX or wherever and order a bottle of bourbon shipped direct to my house.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Early 00s no alcohol was allowed to be sold on Sunday from distributors/liquor stores. You could only buy a 12 pack at the bar, which meant that you have to come in twice for a case and each 12 pack probably cost the price of a case at a distributor!

It was like 03-ish when the state allowed beer distributors to be open and Sunday. A short time later some liquor stores were allowed to but now it's everyone

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List