Page 139 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2304

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Shot my bcm 14.5, 320 (m17 variantish), and 365xls over the past 3 days. Did a lot but some of the highlights were one of the secret service quals, defoors 100 carbine standard, and the gabe white standards cold every day. Was a great time with a great friend.

Name:  20220629_115240.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  72.7 KB

Took 2 Of My Carry Guns to the Sheriff’s Range…

The local Sheriff’s range has some steel challenge targets, as well as 2 plate racks @ 10 and 15 yards.

I took 2 of my carry guns for some practice as well as checking some recent reloads: 124 gn Delta Precision hps, 5.3 grains of CFEpistol and CCI 500 primers.

Fired about 100 rounds with each pistol…I do this usually once a week.

At 82, I’ve found that this is what I need in order to keep halfway wired in and fresh.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    66-8 and A-O 1911:

Name:  CC78F35D-DABA-4478-BC5E-BDB3AD054A08.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  52.6 KB

Moderately heavy .357s are not fun to shoot in the 66. I’ll stick to shooting those in L and N frame guns.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 06-30-2022 at 07:28 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Did a head to head compairo between my Colt 9mm 1911 Commander, and my Glock 19G5 with Holosun.

5 rounds at 25 yards, switch, repeat.

Well, crap. Seems I still shoot the 1911 way better at this point.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

CZ Shadow 2 Orange! I finally gave in, after lusting over the Shadow 2 for several years.

I finger-banged the S2 and S2 Orange in the fun store, and the difference was not subtle, the Orange was significantly better. Better barrel fit due to the bushing, better slide fit, better trigger. That said the trigger still needed some work. So I used the guide at brianenos.com forums on CZ tuning by Professor Atlas https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/1...ofessor-atlas/ Full disassembly followed by polishing with a diamond plate and 2000 grit wet-or-dry paper. Swapped the mainspring for a lighter one (the orange comes with a selection of springs), and reassembled the pistol. Significant improvement, especially after a few hundred dry-fire cycles.

Headed to the range and put 300 rounds through it. I am very happy! Shot like a dream. I’m not sure if I will put one of the CGW pro-pack kits in or not. The CGW short reach trigger is an advantage for DA first shots, and the hammer+sear combination makes the DA+SA smoother and lower weight. Shot mostly reloads with 124gr Precision Delta over 3.4gr Titegroup. I’m a big fan of skateboard tape to improve the grip of a pistol. In this case, because of the inside-out slide of a CZ pistol, I can put a big patch of grit right where my support thumb rides. Makes a big improvement for me. I also shot my P-07 carry and Shadow 1 as a comparison, both pistols also have action work and parts. The S2 is heavier than the S1, and the difference in smoothness was noticeable. The S2 sights tracked better in recoil. Better than the P-07 as well, but the P-07 does pretty well at 1/4 the price!

I will confess I am rusty at pistol shooting, since I’ve been shooting PRS bolt guns so much this past year. My draw, shoot 2, reload, transition, shoot 2 drill showed it. Started with a 2.5s draw from concealment to first shot, .25 split, 2.5 reload, .25 split. Was able to work that down to 1.7s draw, .21 split, 2.0 reload, .21 split. The DA first shot transition needs more work. Heck, I need more work. But it was fun! More to come.

Name:  FCCBA384-A086-4F6F-A839-CA0B7F604894.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  E8D8AD70-4DD1-4013-A8E9-1EEAAC3E6603.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  37.3 KB
    Last edited by Trigger; 07-01-2022 at 05:05 PM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    I shot stickers today with my 19.5 practice gun.

Name:  stickers.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  40.8 KB

Got out and finally shot a match this year. Used my version of a Roland Special.

Name:  6CBF9A4A-91B9-45AC-AD1E-338E4199077B.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  99.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

First went to the rifle range:

Name:  IMG_1499-cropped.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  99.4 KB

Then the pistol bays:

Name:  IMG_1505-resize.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  81.9 KB

I can tell you, despite my best effort...u-notch rears do not work for me. I'm gonna need to replace the rear sight on the BrigTac, sigh.

Name:  rimfires.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  100.4 KB

Yesterday I was out shopping and ended up with a Henry .22 lever action. Decided to take it out today along with a .22lr AR I put together, an M&P15-22 pistol, and a Beretta 21a that I bought back in February and only just got around to shooting today.

The Henry was decently smooth for a brand new rifle that only cost $350. How the heck they can build such a nice gun in the US and sell it that cheap is beyond me. I waited way too long to get one of these.

The .22 AR is a PSA 11.5" pistol with a CMMG .22 conversion and a Boonie Packer adapter to make it take M&P15-22 mags. In the past this gun has had problems but it seems to have finally broken in or maybe it just needs Winchester white box exclusively. Either way it ran perfect today. I'll take it out one more time to confirm it's working with different types of ammo and then I'll start accessorizing it and spray paint it so the black finish doesn't soak up the sun's deadly rays and get the gun scalding hot in the time it takes to load a couple mags.

The M&P15-22 had lots of light strikes, I couldn't even see a dent on the cases. The more I shot it the less it seemed to happen and it also seemed to happen less toward the end of the mag which would result in less upward pressure on the bolt from the round in the mag. It ate 50 rounds of CCI mini mags without a single malfunction but then had a few when I went back to the Winchester white box stuff. It was 100 degrees out and despite being in the shade and drinking plenty of water I wasn't feeling well after an hour on the range so I gave up for the day. Sure enough I felt fine after getting in the truck with the AC going other than still needing a lot more water over the next couple hours. Hopefully next weekend I can get back out and get get enough rounds through it to either get it broken in or be sure it's truly defective. I already put in a Volquartzen firing pin and extractor and it helped but didn't fix it.

The 21a was perfect other than being hard to rack the slide on. The hammer spring seems to be doing most of the work of keeping the slide closed so cock that hammer before trying to rack it. Or pop up the barrel and drop an extra round in. But the DA action is stiff AF so I cock the hammer anyway and just shoot SA. I need to get a small can for this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Being the 4th, I figured I'd hit the range early and get some 'Murica practice at the range:

Name:  IMG_1508-cropped.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  100.0 KB

The Way of the Gun made an impression on me when I saw it way back when...I've since resolved to never run out of 1911 mags, ever

User Tag List