Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Can someone, just for clarity, PM me exactly what I am supposed to be looking for ? Image would be nice.
    Now I don't feel so bad... LOL.

Please post it once you clarify.

I think it's the GL-956, but.... out of production.
    I'm just looking for a front, which I think is the GL-212 G (or O for the Orange) in standard height.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Now I don't feel so bad... LOL.

Please post it once you clarify.

I think it's the GL-956, but.... out of production.
    I'm just looking for a front, which I think is the GL-212 G (or O for the Orange) in standard height.
    The issue is that people can post a photo and say that's what they want but there are different model numbers, as there are different sizes, etc.

I am checking to see the exact model numbers for the FBI and BOLD sights in orange and green.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    The issue is that people can post a photo and say that's what they want but there are different model numbers, as there are different sizes, etc.

I am checking to see the exact model numbers for the FBI and BOLD sights in orange and green.
    Per my order sheet from Ameriglo:

GL-956 × 1
    Green tritium, orange outline 125" wide front sight. Green tritium, black outline serrated rear sight. Square .165" notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    As a follow up to my earlier post in this thread, I have been running these sights (.125" front width, U-notch rear, .159" rear width) for about 3-4 months now and they are excellent. I much prefer this sight picture to the trijicon HD's I was previously using, and the rear sight is not noticeable at all carrying iwb/aiwb. I'll be putting these on all my non-uspsa glocks.
    What specifically do you like about them over the Trijicon HDs? (Thin front Trijicon HD that is, for fair comparison.)
    Last edited by GRV; 08-18-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm a little lost.... Are we talking Ameriglo "ProGlo" sights or something else that I can't yet find on a web site?
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/pro-glo

I'd be interested in the green/yellow ring front sight.. GL-212-G
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...tritium-fronts

Already have a rear green (2-dot) with square notch..

Somebody would win the Internets if they would post a "here's where we're at" with a few links... Pretty please.
    No kidding. I thought it was just me. I've been trying to find the product number/item number or whatever it is for simply the "FBI sights with square notch rear". There is a lot of confusion in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    What specifically do you like about them over the Trijicon HDs? (Thin front Trijicon HD that is, for fair comparison.)
    I like the narrower rear notch (.159 vs .169) and the duller rear edge of the rear sights. I have been using trijicon HD's for the past three years, and they are excellent sights, but that sharp rear edge catches me from time to time. I would ideally like an even narrower rear sight notch to go with the .125" front, but I'll take the .159" over the .169".

I like the narrower rear notch (.159 vs .169) and the duller rear edge of the rear sights. I have been using trijicon HD's for the past three years, and they are excellent sights, but that sharp rear edge catches me from time to time. I would ideally like an even narrower rear sight notch to go with the .125" front, but I'll take the .159" over the .169".
    Have you ever tried Ameriglo's no-outline tritium .150 rear offerings?

Sorry wish I could help more. The sights Texas posted look ideal do maybe he could post the nomenclature

I just finished taking sandpaper to yet another HD rear, as they are sharp enough to continually do a number on me and my clothing, when worn appendix. This is a picture of the inside of my TAD jacket, in the area over where I appendix carry.

Name:  IMG_2770.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  72.9 KB

Besides dehorning the rear edge, I wish the rear sight didn't extend so far back, as it makes the rear edge of the sight the contact point for your garment, rather than the rear of the slide.

Anyone know where I can get a set of these new sights, orange front and straight rear, as I have a new Generation Glock coming in about ten days that would be a good place to test them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sorry wish I could help more. The sights Texas posted look ideal do maybe he could post the nomenclature
    Either way they aren't for sale as of right this moment (I checked).

Once they are I'll post up what I can get.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List