Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy murder case in South Carolina

Crazy murder case in South Carolina

Young son and member of very well known, wealthy, and powerful older South Carolina family has drunken boating incident, teen girl gets killed as a result. His family shows up at the scene, helps avoid alcohol screening. Lawsuit happens between the families and this has been going on two years or so. Then recently, the son and his mother are killed in a mysterious shooting on their property.

https://www.islandpacket.com/article252038948.html

Among the avenues law enforcement investigators are pursuing in this week’s killings of two members of a prominent Lowcountry legal family is the likelihood that Paul Murdaugh, 22, was targeted, while his mother was killed because she was there by happenstance, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Paul Murdaugh of Hampton was shot in the head and upper body with a shotgun, while Maggie Murdaugh, 52, was killed with what appears to be an assault rifle, sources familiar with the investigation said. Casings were recovered at the scene, they said. Their bodies were found outside and separated from one another, the sources said.

But on Thursday afternoon, three days after the fatal shootings, authorities have said nothing publicly about possible suspects or leads in the case. Police have remained tightlipped as some details have begun to emerge.

So far, information released by authorities provides only a rough sketch of what occurred the night of the killings, leading to broad theories over potential suspects, motives — whether the shootings are connected to the fatal 2019 boat crash — and questions over how justice might be served in a town quietly grappling with the tragedy and the looming presence of a powerful family.

The shootings happened at a sprawling rural estate in Colleton County, not far from the Hampton County line.

Maggie Murdaugh was the wife of prominent attorney Alex Murdaugh, a senior member of the South Carolina powerhouse Murdaugh law firm, which is headquartered in Hampton. Paul Murdaugh was Alex and Maggie Murdaugh’s son and a student at the University of South Carolina.

Paul Murdaugh was facing three felony counts of boating under the influence. The charges are tied to a boat crash near Parris Island in February 2019 that killed 19-year-old Mallory Beach, also of Hampton, and injured others on board.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The thing is....William Faulkner is too dead to enjoy this.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Cormac McCarthy's "No Country For Old Money".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Murdaugh? Really? The memes write themselves.

Hamptonquidick with a Charles Bronson twist?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I am aware of such things being typical with the very politically connected, and the unconnected but very clannish. One would assume the very connected would be cognizant of the habits of the very clannish.

Oops.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I am aware of such things being typical with the very politically connected, and the unconnected but very clannish. One would assume the very connected would be cognizant of the habits of the very clannish.

Oops.
    Usually those who are very connected tend to think those who are very clannish wouldn't dare to cross that line and are utterly astounded when those clannish types ignored the limitations assigned to them by others.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Young son and member of very well known, wealthy, and powerful older South Carolina family has drunken boating incident, teen girl gets killed as a result. His family shows up at the scene, helps avoid alcohol screening. Lawsuit happens between the families and this has been going on two years or so. Then recently, the son and his mother are killed in a mysterious shooting on their property.
    Don't jump to conclusions. I'll bet the list of people with grudges is quite long, and that doesn't include random assholes.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Don't jump to conclusions. I'll bet the list of people with grudges is quite long, and that doesn't include random assholes.
    I have no doubt a family like that has a long list of enemies.

And like you said, it also could have just been some random shit heads who were there at the kennels to steal some dogs.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Hatfields, meet the McCoys.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Fuck. I could change some names and locations and that book would write its self.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List