Page 407 of 678 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...me-commission/

Beretta 1301 Tactical Shotgun Adopted by PA Game Commission

Accokeek, MD (June 7, 2021) – Beretta USA, a member of the BDT alliance, was awarded a contract to supply the Pennsylvania Game Commission with a customized Beretta 1301 Tactical shotgun after an extensive testing and evaluation process. The 250 shotguns began to be fielded in May of this year.

“The Pennsylvania Game Commission is excited to make this transition from our legacy pump shotgun and we feel honored to have the opportunity to work with a company like Beretta, who is known for quality, craftsmanship and customer service”, added Warden Travis Pugh, Enforcement Division Chief of the PA Game Commission.

“The transition to the 1301 Tactical has been greatly appreciated by the entire department”, said Stefano Itri, Vice President of BDT Sales, “The lighter weight, softer recoil, reduced muzzle rise, enhanced accuracy and faster follow-up shots require less training to master when compared to the pump action”.

The Beretta 1301 Tactical is designed to meet the needs of the modern law enforcement officer. With an 18.5” barrel and a compact overall length of only 37 1/4”, this lightweight shotgun is fast handling yet controllable. Magazine capacity is 7+1. Beretta’s reliable, field-proven, semi-automatic shotgun features an oversized charging handle, large textured bolt release, and an oversized reversible safety button. The integrated BLINK gas operating system allows the 1301 Tactical to cycle 36% faster than any other shotgun on the market. Special features of the Pennsylvania Game Commission shotguns include a Mesa Tactical Urbino® stock with adjustable cheek piece with LimbSaver® recoil pad and a SureShell® six-round carrier with an integrated receiver length aluminum Picatinny rail to support mounting optics, lasers or other accessories. A Nordic Components MXT magazine tube extension, multiple swivel attachment points, forward Picatinny rail, and flat dark earth finish, round out the package.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I don't understand how she can operate the pump reliably for 6-10 rounds but is befuddled by operating the charge handle on semi one time to load the gun.
    Seriously.?

You can’t understand how someone that doesn’t otherwise really shoot isn’t comfortable holding a shotgun with one hand on the pistol grip while reaching under or over to run a bolt with tie weak hand vs simply holding the gun in a natural way and moving their weak hand back and forth while supporting the weight of the gun with both hands?

And what about when racking that bolt doesn’t do what you think it’s supposed to and doesn’t load the round?

Overall though, this is one of the many reasons I’m trying to get her off the notion of the shotgun and just stick to the pistol. Way less fiddle fart.

But, if she decides she thinks she wants a shotgun that works like her belays gun, I get to buy a 1301
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Seriously.?

You can’t understand how someone that doesn’t otherwise really shoot isn’t comfortable holding a shotgun with one hand on the pistol grip while reaching under or over to run a bolt with tie weak hand vs simply holding the gun in a natural way and moving their weak hand back and forth while supporting the weight of the gun with both hands?

And what about when racking that bolt doesn’t do what you think it’s supposed to and doesn’t load the round?

Overall though, this is one of the many reasons I’m trying to get her off the notion of the shotgun and just stick to the pistol. Way less fiddle fart.

But, if she decides she thinks she wants a shotgun that works like her belays gun, I get to buy a 1301
    To be clear, this is not a comment on you or your wife...

Maybe I do it wrong, but I leave a shell on the lifter (I ghost load one so I still have a full tube but I could just load one with the release) and if I need the Shotty I'm lifting it up by the forend with my off hand and running the bolt with my strong hand, then transitioning it to the grip. This way it can only do one thing... Load a round. Technically it could also jam I suppose but we can "what if" shit to death.

Sheesh, I was on the Arms Unlimited notification list about 1301s being back in stock but apparently opening the email 33 minutes after it was sent was too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Sheesh, I was on the Arms Unlimited notification list about 1301s being back in stock but apparently opening the email 33 minutes after it was sent was too slow.
    They were probably out of stock by the time you got the email. It can take up to 4 hours for the automated system to send them out to everyone on the list.

No idea if theres any left but I got mine from Nagels Gun Shop in Texas.

If color doesn't bother you, Europtic has the FDE versions in stock....for now.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Beretta-13...-J131T18F.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    A much better solution would be for Beretta to license the Magpul SGA stock. Just sell the gun with the better stock to begin with. It's not like there's no precedent for it, there are SGA-editions of shotguns already. I can't imagine that manufacturing costs would be much higher for a stock with a more ergonomic shape (setting aside for a moment the costs for licensing; after all, Beretta could design their own stock with many of the same attributes). Virtually no one is buying a 1301 Tactical to shoot clays so a shorter LOP and higher comb would be great for all customers.
    But the Aridus adapter is already tooled, and a 1301 version of the SGA isn’t. Turn key vs. needing development.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Has anyone using the Nordic extension clamp tried lining it with something to minimize slipping and marring? Mine is back on again mostly as a light mount.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Has anyone using the Nordic extension clamp tried lining it with something to minimize slipping and marring? Mine is back on again mostly as a light mount.
    I haven't tried it but there is a gasket.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/1107726/

User Tag List