Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Ram built great looking knives. There’s one for sale right now, that I keep looking back at
    Indeed he did. He was also a great friend and person. I spent quite a bit of time in his shop when I was 18-20 (he lived just around the corner from a girl I was dating then). I helped him make knives. Really, he taught me how and I tried to not fuck it up. This was back before his work commanded the premiums it did just before his death. Even after I moved to Austin, I’d try to drop by and see him when I was in town. His death was a loss to us all, from the perspective of losing a great man, a great friend, and a talented knife maker. Despite helping make a few knives and staying buddies, I didn’t have a piece by Ram to my name when he died. I guess I always thought there would be time to get one. When the kwaiken above was offered to me by another friend of Ram’s who was in need, I immediately grabbed it.

This knife, along with my father’s 1911, my grandfather’s Zippo, and a watch from a good friend are going to remain with me until I die. I’ll probably bequeath each piece to a niece and nephew on my death. But I might just take them with me.

Bases covered for less than ten bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Looks like what I carried on my last trip to Costa Rica.
    I had the taxi driver stop at a mercado on the way to the hotel, I grabbed a cheap paring knife and some duct tape to make a sheath and carried it anytime I left the resort.
    I threw it in a trash bin outside the airport on my way home.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Yup, but where's the fun in that?

Strider has the best pocket clip that I've found. We went to a huge RV show today in Tampa, and planned on seeing quite a few, so making sure I didn't lose my pocket knife was the number one consideration. I almost text @Rich_Jenkins to see if he was there shopping 2019 Airstreams.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Yup, but where's the fun in that?

Valid, which is why I carry a HITs and a SAK.

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Freshly back from Benchmade for another free Lifesharp service.

I still carry this Mini-Grip every day, and it kinda shows lol.

Thanks again @LSP552 for the Karma.

Last edited by RJ; 01-20-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Freshly back from Benchmade for another free Lifesharp service.

I still carry this Mini-Grip every day, and it kinda shows lol.

Thanks again @LSP552 for the Karma.

For a long time, I couldn't figure out how some guys had seriously worn looking knives. Mine never seem to look that worn and I thought, "Am I doing something wrong?"

Then I realized I'm a Knife Diva, that I almost never carry the same folder every day for more than a month straight. Just this morning, I've carried two different folders (Boker Sulaco and then swapped to a Spyderco Native). Yesterday it was the Kahr-edition Delica. Why the switch? Well, I moved to my big parka this morning and heavier gloves (since temp is 10-degrees, with windchill in the negative digits) and needed a folder with more purchase to open. I thought the Sulaco would work, but the big stud slips off my gloves, but the Native offers lots of purchase even wearing gloves. So, Native it is.

When it warms back up, I'll switch to something else, because...Knife Diva.

2004 HD7. This was my edc for quite a few years. It’s been shortened by EK the last time I sent it in. They wanted to replace the blade, but I told them to try and save it. Instead they shortened it to get to good steel. Then they had to grind down the top of the blade as the tip was sticking out of the scales. I retired it shortly after, when I moved over to Strider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theJanitor; 01-21-2019 at 08:43 PM.

SnG / SMF

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List