Page 276 of 678 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I'm interested to hear how this works out for you. There was recent thread over on P&S regarding a not-insignificant number of end users experiencing reliability issues with the HL-X, specifically when used with CR123 batteries and the tape switch.
    I’ve run that combo on a hard use AK SBR with no issues.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve run that combo on a hard use AK SBR with no issues.
    Yeah, it wasn't 100% of users. But enough to give me pause. Anyway, once the M600DF came out, I switched out to that across the board (yes, I'm aware that light also had some initial issues with certain batteries).

Crom and bolt release latch

I stumbled onto this site and thread, while doing research on the 1301 for red dots and light mounts for it. I just picked mine up today, purchased at armsunlimited for $847. Im so happy with it after mounting a holosun 503GU. I didnt know what to expect and thought I would have to buy the crom to be able to co witness with it, but it fit perfectly on the stock rail and had ghost sights perfectly in view inside the red dot sight. I will zero in the dot in a couple of days. I also bought a mechanism for the bolt release to stop it from emptying rounds accidentally and getting stuck in the loading bay. But I noticed my breach bolt release button looks different and doesnt allow it to happen without adding that after market mechanism. Has anyone seen one of these 1301 come with a breach bolt release like that from the factory? Does anyone else not use a crom to co witness with red dot sight?

Cant wait to start shooting this!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I bought my 1301 from them in October. Same price, too. What we've got seems to be a hybrid between generations. It's got a Gen 1 barrel without choke threads. It's got the Gen 2 bolt release. I had also bought the plastic dingus for the bolt release before buying the shotgun. Turns out the dingus isn't necessary and can't be installed on the Gen 2 release.

Site Supporter
    I'm interested to hear how this works out for you. There was recent thread over on P&S regarding a not-insignificant number of end users experiencing reliability issues with the HL-X, specifically when used with CR123 batteries and the tape switch.
    Using the stream light rechargeable 18650 battery seemed to address those issues. Apparently they made the light for their own brand 18650 which is slightly longer than two CR123s as well as some other brands of 18650. It has supposedly been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Using the stream light rechargeable 18650 battery seemed to address those issues. Apparently they made the light for their own brand 18650 which is slightly longer than two CR123s as well as some other brands of 18650. It has supposedly been addressed.
    A lot of the consternation was over the fact that the light was marketed to work with CR123s just as well as with 18650, which did not bear out in reality, at least for some users. I had a two rifles set up with HL-Xs and experienced no issues myself, though I was using 18650 batteries exclusively.

Anyway, getting this thread back on track, picked up this guy from the LGS yesterday:

I have a CROM and Nordic extension on the way, and an older 4 MOA H-2 waiting to be installed. Eventually, I'll add the Magpul stock, foregrip, and a light and sling. First shotgun I've ever owned. Looking forward to learning its nuances.
    Last edited by Casey; 12-29-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Hi gang-
    My 1301T is slowily evolving, and now I’m putting a light on it.
    I’m going to use a Magpul M-Lok Scout Mount, and I have a Streamlight ProTac HL-X with a pressure switch with about an 8” cord.
    I’m new to the “mounting stuff on shotguns” world, so i need guidance from smarter people.
    I’m left handed- should the light be on the left or right side?
    I’m thinking putting it on the left would get it more out of the way of my thumb at the front of the Magpul forend.
    And should the pressure switch go on the “thumb” or the “fingers” side of the forend?
    Is there a best way too attach the switch? It came with pre-cut 3M VHB tape, and some kind of brackets for attaching to a pic rail... but it seems silly to M-Lok a rail to the forend just to attach a pressure switch in top of that.

I’m thinking that someone has done something similar before... please help a brother out!
    Thanks to all for the input and info on how to avoid issues w/ the light and batteries.

Other input on light mounting and methods of mounting the pressure switch are still welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    What sling mount did you use on the foreend?

What sling mount did you use on the foreend?
    JIALITTE M-lok QD Sling Mount... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0778BMZWX

Modded to fit the narrow spacing.

User Tag List