Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video tutorial for forward carriage of primary equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is there a direct link to video?
    @Tom_Jones said something about embedding it here in the thread.

Thanks for the video. Now I need a whole new wardrobe.

I am somewhere in the middle. I’ve needed one size larger for 15+ years to accommodate my quads/glutes from powerlifting.

The result is just enough extra room in front for an appendix holster and a Glock. I could never get strong side carry to work for me because of my glutes; it causes the gun to really stick out.

To Corey’s point, a built chest makes appendix carry way easier due to the shirt naturally draping.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I am somewhere in the middle. I’ve needed one size larger for 15+ years to accommodate my quads/glutes from powerlifting.

The result is just enough extra room in front for an appendix holster and a Glock. I could never get strong side carry to work for me because of my glutes; it causes the gun to really stick out.

To Corey’s point, a built chest makes appendix carry way easier due to the shirt naturally draping.
    That is seriously one of my fitness goals: to have my chest stick out further than my gut.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Thanks Tom!

Very valuable info and it's important to have such info validated by a very legit SME. I don't have to feel self conscious I'm not dressing my age (60) with "old man jeans".

As much as I like many of what I used to call my lightweight, fast dryng fiber "REI" pants - like Prana, Arcteryx, etc and especially the shorts versions, they don't carry like tight jeans. Esp when we get talking about a 1911.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have to buy athletic fit pants (Levi and wranglers usually) because my gluteus and legs. Never went up in size of pants as far as waist went, good to see that was the right choice. I hammer my chest a little more then the rest of my upper body so my shirt draps

I'd like to try those newish 5.11 "stretch" jeans but hate to order a pair sight unseen.

See, now I feel liberated to post that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'd like to try those newish 5.11 "stretch" jeans but hate to order a pair sight unseen.

See, now I feel liberated to post that.
    I like mine a lot. I ended up needing the "slim" ones for a proper fit though.

5.11 actually has a store local to me and when I exchanged the original ones I ordered they told me that it's actually pretty common. I think they would have been better named if they had called the "slim" ones standard fit and the "straight fit" loose fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the video SouthNarc, it brought up a few things I haven’t considered.

Respectfully though - are there pants/shorts that allow freedom in the crotch area that still provide a nice tight band in your experience? I’m considering those Chuck Norris action pants style simply because I’m an active dad that’s crouching and bending down and running and jumping etc. if I have a nice tight fit up top then it’s a nice tight fit down there too you know what I mean? Any brands you can recommend? I think Nike golf style has treated me best so far.

And who makes the madras shirt? Other shirt suggestions for the hot as fuck Texas weather too haha? You tailor your clothes correct?

Does any belt approach 95% the capability of the graith that does not utilize Velcro? I feel like a kindergartner all over again with that shit, but I’ll put up with it and try it if it has your endorsement. I’m experimenting with an A belt from Warfytyr at the moment.

Thanks!
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List