Page 694 of 810 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704744794 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 8097

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    This prosecutor is not charging the GS with anything so long as he is not an otherwise prohibited person. It is simply not going to happen.

My speculation is that the GS has counsel to act as a buffer with the press etc. and to have a complete understanding of the criminal v. civil litigation process.
    Sadly, there's a lot of fashionable Blackpill Doomy Cynicism in the gun community, mixed with a large dose of ignorance of how the legal system actually works.

Thus, some people think that any prosecutor looking to "make a name" for themselves can come in and charge the guy because "he wrecked our narrative!"
    Or that the Feds will do likewise for the same reasons.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Why is he needing counsel?
    Hopefully to sue the dickweeds slandering him as 'illegally carrying'. He has no need for one criminally.

And sort of knowing Guy, I strongly suspect he reached out to the good guy and offered his services pro bono.

Now that info is in the public domain, the original estimate pre-Crime Lab was 76 feet for the first shot based on initial evidence. Crime Lab or further review of video may have revised that.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Where's the sarcasm emoji?
    Shirley you ain't serious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    It is generally a smart thing to to do if you have to shoot someone in self defense.
    I should have phrased it differently. Did he need counsel because of a charge, or was he being prudent? If he wasn’t charged, I’d be a little pissed if my attorney made his retention public knowledge - a sizable proportion of the citizenry would equate lawyering up with guilt.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I should have phrased it differently. Did he need counsel because of a charge, or was he being prudent? If he wasn’t charged, I’d be a little pissed if my attorney made his retention public knowledge - a sizable proportion of the citizenry would equate lawyering up with guilt.
    Guy is very pro-gun owner and I would say he's something of a local celebrity in those circles. As far as lawyering up or not, I won't comment on that until I'm sure it's in the public domain.

I’d be a little pissed if my attorney made his retention public knowledge - a sizable proportion of the citizenry would equate lawyering up with guilt.
    My interpretation of client confidentiality standards is that they extend to the existence of the representation itself, and divulging requires client consent. The public filing of a notice of appearance in a court proceeding probably serves to make this a moot point, but with no court matter ongoing, my best guess is GS retained lawyer in part to be the point of contact and deal with the press, and therefore authorized disclosure.

"From a distance of perhaps 30 yards"

https://fox59.com/greenwood-park-mal...ithin-seconds/

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    "From a distance of perhaps 30 yards"

https://fox59.com/greenwood-park-mal...ithin-seconds/
    I saw they changed the timeline from 2 minutes to 15 seconds before the suspect was neutralized. Suspect was hit 8 out of 10 times. Very well done.

Why is he needing counsel?
    Book deal, maybe a movie?
    I am not totally kidding...

I also read something (unsubstantiated) that his GF deployed a tourniquet to help one of the victims.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Book deal, maybe a movie?
    I am not totally kidding...

I also read something (unsubstantiated) that his GF deployed a tourniquet to help one of the victims.

I briefly spoke with the GF. She was impressive in her own fashion.

I also like the pic that is being used in the media, classic untucked button down...

User Tag List