Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a slide for an RMR cut

Buying a slide for an RMR cut

I keep looking at the two month + lead times for sending off a new gun and having it milled and have started to look at slides that come with an RMR cut. I see many of them with what are called "window" cuts. While I own two G34s, I carry a G19 Gen4 daily. I wanted to get a Gen 5 G19 and mount an rmr on it and give that a go.

Not a gamer gun, but an EDC G19 - yes or no on window cuts? Why?

I just keep thinking if I fall in the mud with that thing, I'm done.
    Last edited by Clay1; 09-10-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Suarez International. All business... No frilly windows or decor. Pair it with one of their match barrels and flat triggers, and krack on!!

Their 34 slides DO not have the window cut in the top like the factory slide. Their theory is to not give dirt an open door. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Suarez International. All business... No frilly windows or decor. Pair it with one of their match barrels and flat triggers, and krack on!!

Their 34 slides DO not have the window cut in the top like the factory slide. Their theory is to not give dirt an open door. I agree.
    I agree, I passed on a $385 Zev Omen tonight - new but didn't like the windows. The price was crazy good for the Zev slide. I looked at Suarez doing a mill job this week, they told me two months to do the cut and the finish and so the shopping for a slide already cut for a RMR. I think that they do good work too.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I don’t know what’s available for Gen 5, but I’ve owned multiple Suarez Gen 3 slides and highly recommend them.

Just a heads up, if you get a Suarez Gen 5 slide, they send you a Gen 4. It works fine, my friend has one, but you need all the Gen 4 internals along with it. So you can’t just swap parts from one slide (your Gen 5) to the other (Suarez Gen 4).

Have you looked at Jaegerwerks? They did my G19X slide jiffy quick. Work and finish (Ceracote) was well done IMO.

2 months!? Geeze.

Primary Machine

Just sent them my 3rd CZ slide. They received it on the 30th and I will probably have it by end of next week. They are 2-3 weeks. No way I’d wait for 2 months- that’s crazy.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I'll be posting more on this when I get it back...

I sourced a G45 slide and sent it to ATEI for ACRO cut.

Now a days, if you want an RMR on a Glock, I'd highly recommend going the Gen3 route. There are literally dozens of slides that are ready out of the box that can be had for under $300 that will work perfect.

If you want Gen5 and do not want use the MOS (I do not like MOS and won't use it), the only route you can go is to bite the bullet and send it out.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    2 months!? Geeze.

Primary Machine

Just sent them my 3rd CZ slide. They received it on the 30th and I will probably have it by end of next week. They are 2-3 weeks. No way I’d wait for 2 months- that’s crazy.
    Scratch that - just got the email from primary, on its way back to me now.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Scratch that - just got the email from primary, on its way back to me now.
    I have a couple of the Gen 3 G34's but those are my gamer guns and not what I choose to carry. I have a couple of Gen 4, G19s but wanted to try a Gen 5. I hear that the triggers are better and some of the internals are beefed up but still MIM parts. The finger grooves never bothered me and I don't know if my hand fits or rather I just made it work after thousands of rounds and years with this platform. I'm one of those guys that it is still less about the tool of choice and more about what you do with the tool that you own.

I really don't need anything fancy, I just want to mount an rmr on a gen 5. There are only a few companies offering a Gen 5 slide and my perception is that one of them is ZEV. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

I've thought of finding a steel mounting plate to put on the MOS, but I know that the best way is still to have it milled.

More phone calls to make today, let's see what happens.

What I tell my wife about home renovations holds true for this project as well: It's never as easy as you thought it was going to be.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I should add that any Gen 4 slide will work on a Gen 5 frame, and there's a lot of milled Gen 4 slides out there. Again, you just need the Gen 4 slide internals. Good news is, the 19 barrel is compatible thru all 5 gens.

While I recommend Suarez, I own or have owned Grey Ghost and KE Arms also. No issues with any of them. The Brownells slide is good too, from everything I've heard.

User Tag List