Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attackers disarm CA CCWer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Why the fuck are you stopping for anyone at 3am?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Because most people are relatively honest and they naively assume others are the same. Since most live in their own personal bubble, nothing of any great import usually touches them in any meaningful way, so they exist under a false sense of security. Their good intentions are then preyed upon by the predatory element of our society.

Also, the act of carrying a gun doesn't make you a gun fighting bad ass, any more than the participation in a forum like this does. Most of the time, it just makes you a D-bag with a gun.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 07-21-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Because most people are relatively honest and they naively assume others are the same. Since most live in their own personal bubble, nothing of any great import usually touches them in any meaningful way, so they exist under a false sense of security. Their good intentions are then preyed upon by the predatory element of our society.

Also, the act of carrying a gun doesn't make you a gun fighting bad ass, any more than the participation in a forum like this does. Most of the time, it just makes you a D-bag with a gun.
    Growing up in foreign and domestic cities... nothing good happens at 3am...

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I got $10 that says he's had zero hours of formal training.
    I dunno... I've watched dudes with hundreds of hours (maybe into the thousands) of hours worth of "formalized training" be less than useful during a critical incident. In fact, I've watched said dudes do their best to crawl out of trouble as soon as the stakes became real. I'm not discounting the validity of formalized training, but I'm also quick to point out that formalized training doesn't turn you into Steven Seagal before he was fat.

@Grey I don't know where you have or have not been at 3am, but I've got more than one solid story with a more than positive outcome which resulted from me hanging out somewhere around 3am. Let's not all become square pumpkins simply based off the hand positions of a clock.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    I dunno... I've watched dudes with hundreds of hours (maybe into the thousands) of hours worth of "formalized training" be less than useful during a critical incident. In fact, I've watched said dudes do their best to crawl out of trouble as soon as the stakes became real. I'm not discounting the validity of formalized training, but I'm also quick to point out that formalized training doesn't turn you into Steven Seagal before he was fat.

@Grey I don't know where you have or have not been at 3am, but I've got more than one solid story with a more than positive outcome which resulted from me hanging out somewhere around 3am. Let's not all become square pumpkins simply based off the hand positions of a clock.
    If hanging out at 3am with randoms works for you go ahead. My experience tells me the opposite.

I see a lot of folks in the ED after they were hanging out somewhere at 0300.....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If hanging out at 3am with randoms works for you go ahead. My experience tells me the opposite.

Ok. I don't know what that means.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Every Friday Safety brief always included, "And nothing good ever happens after midnite"
    I can personally attest, they were correct.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I didn't know one could purchase common sense training, cause this isn't really an issue of gun training, but one of common sense. You dont stop for folks at 0300. If you feel a need to call for help, pull over 50 yds away and tell them you called the cops to come help them and drive off. Dollars to donuts, there is more to the story like say prostitutes, or drugs...

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    ...dont stop for folks at 0300.
    I would not stop for Harriet if she and Opie were doing CPR on Ozzie in front of Floyd's Barbershop at high noon.

I'm good for another $10.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List