Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Combat Master!

First that 1917, and now this.

Stop buying all the cool guns. Some of us are in our prime earning years.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    First that 1917, and now this.

Stop buying all the cool guns. Some of us are in our prime earning years.
    AND...the Swenson!

Don't fret, I will only own them for another 3 or 10 more years and then it could be your turn.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

New link and link pin and off to the range! 10 Yards 8 shots standing.

Further shooting (along with known guns) showed this gun to need some sight adjustment.

But I dig it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post

Further shooting (along with known guns) showed this gun to need some sight adjustment.

But I dig it!

Nice shooting.

Did you experience any malfunctions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Nice shooting.

Did you experience any malfunctions?

I did, several fail to fully feed, quick analysis in later the shop showed a section of "barrel bump"

I'll get that squared away and hit the range again next week.

Site Supporter
    I did, several fail to fully feed, quick analysis in later the shop showed a section of "barrel bump"

I'll get that squared away and hit the range again next week.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I am continuing to follow this thread with interest.

It definitely seems like anyone wishing to carry one of these must understand what makes it run, what makes it stop running, and how to get it running again.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Thank you for the quick reply. I am continuing to follow this thread with interest.

It definitely seems like anyone wishing to carry one of these must understand what makes it run, what makes it stop running, and how to get it running again.

No way in hell, with all the great small carry guns out there would I consider carrying this piece.

Site Supporter

Combat Master!

No way in hell, with all the great small carry guns out there would I consider carrying this piece.
    I completely agree - today it makes no sense.

However, there was a time when one wishing to carry concealed had the options of a .38 revolver, .380 auto, or one of the few compact .45 autos available at the time (of course other options existed but not many and they had their own issues). If one happened to live in a place like NJ during that time, where hollow points are legally problematic, using a larger diameter bullet makes sense if everything else works, so something like this might have been a realistic choice.

My father was among the few who was able to obtain a NJ license to carry when those were the choices. So, your journey with this gun helps me understand his choices.

I completely agree - today it makes no sense.

However, there was a time when one wishing to carry concealed had the options of a .38 revolver, .380 auto, or one of the few compact .45 autos available at the time (of course other options existed but not many and they had their own issues). If one happened to live in a place like NJ during that time, where hollow points are legally problematic, using a larger diameter bullet makes sense if everything else works, so something like this might have been a realistic choice.

My father was among the few who was able to obtain a NJ license to carry when those were the choices. So, your journey with this gun helps me understand his choices.

Makes perfect sense in that context sir. My dad carried a J-Frames and a gun I am still after...a Uberti built (marked) 45 Colt Derringer.

But I dig it!

I had a one in the '80's I picked up used down in San Antonio. I shot the heck out of it I found it spectacular. Fed my SWC reloads, 200 grain "Flaying Ashtray" JHPs of that era and ball. Then it started choking on everything. This was at least 20 years before hearing of Bill Wilson's caution that these shorties might need RSA's replaced at rapid intervals; perhaps measured in the hundreds.

So I dumped out of it. Funny, I had the exact same experience cycle with a cool Star PD . . .

Duffe that I was I didn't pick up on any pattern there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List