Page 47 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Anyone else see anything that appears to be missing in some, but not all of these photos of what I think are National Guard troops? These photos are all from the Star-Tribune.

Attachment 55061

Attachment 55062

Attachment 55064

Attachment 55065

Seems like loading up in the middle of a riot would be a bit dangerous.

I'm sure the logistics of using NG troops for riot control is very difficult, but I hope they are not just window dressing. Hopefully they are authorized to load up well in advance of a situation going to hell.

What an awful situation.
    In New Orleans the NG that were there had unloaded mags inserted. I flagged one down that was standing on a corner in the French Quarter looking awkward and spoke to him awhile out of curiosity. He gave me the rundown on when they could load and it was pretty much never.

What you don't want in that situation is a scared kid that's not even a combat MOS lighting some people up because he panicked. There are plenty of trained people to do the killing if it comes to that. He told me he had people in his unit that he figured would manage to shoot themselves in the foot with an unloaded rifle somehow so he was ok with it.

I just wanna get this shit straight -

White people killed George Floyd, because he is black. Then, white people burned down Minneapolis because white people killed George Floyd? And just to be clear, white supremacists burned down MPLS...and maybe Russians too.

It wasn’t the people marching in the street. It wasn’t Antifa, BLM, or any of the groups who have taken credit for this. It was white supremacists burning down a city to protest the death of a black man?

I mean...god damn...a black man can’t even get credit for a riot in this country anymore. No wonder there are riots...I’d be pissed too if people blamed white supremacists for crimes I committed.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    What you don't want in that situation is a scared kid that's not even a combat MOS lighting some people up because he panicked.
    The problem with this is that they cannot defend their weapons from the crowd, and Guardsmen carrying rifles but without any ammunition have been overwhelmed in the past. There's a P-F.com member whose state adopted a policy after Hurricane Sandy that they could not be deployed to civil unrest with firearms sans ammunition due to exactly this, as it should be.

Even our third-party contract firearms instructors are authorized to carry firearms when in custody of weapons/ammunition for range days, for the obvious reason. When I was in the Marines, I distinctly remember the Motor-T jockies transporting ammunition also being armed for the same reason.

Yet, there's some mindset that it's okay to insert minimally trained individuals into civil unrest with guns but no way to defend those guns. *head explodes*
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

White people killed George Floyd, because he is black. Then, white people burned down Minneapolis because white people killed George Floyd? And just to be clear, white supremacists burned down MPLS...and maybe Russians too.

It wasn’t the people marching in the street. It wasn’t Antifa, BLM, or any of the groups who have taken credit for this. It was white supremacists burning down a city to protest the death of a black man?

I mean...god damn...a black man can’t even get credit for a riot in this country anymore. No wonder there are riots...I’d be pissed too if people blamed white supremacists for crimes I committed.
    White supremacist Russians.. Yeah thats the ticket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    In New Orleans the NG that were there had unloaded mags inserted. I flagged one down that was standing on a corner in the French Quarter looking awkward and spoke to him awhile out of curiosity. He gave me the rundown on when they could load and it was pretty much never.

What you don't want in that situation is a scared kid that's not even a combat MOS lighting some people up because he panicked. There are plenty of trained people to do the killing if it comes to that. He told me he had people in his unit that he figured would manage to shoot themselves in the foot with an unloaded rifle somehow so he was ok with it.
    I hear ya. Not a good situation either way. I hate to see Guardsmen out there who are essentially just targets or alternatively liabilities. Ideally you'd have only folks out there who knew how to handle themselves and had proper training, at least with good direction and supervision. (Of course, that is what started this whole awful course of events.)

The photo of the NG's "protecting" the firefighters without any magazine inserted looked like the type of stuff that could lead to disaster. Hopefully someone else was around.

Praying for things to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

See, you gotta look at this like a 4 dimensional chess player. If the white russkie supremacists succeed, they will have initiated the riots and then cast the blame on to the blacks who were simply outside wondering what white russkie supremacists were doing there in the first place...unless they were going to try out for the Vikings or the Wild. Then the nation will revert to all the old Jim Crow laws and...mission accomplished.

"Very clever, these white russkie supremacists. But not clever enough by half..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Name:  655CAF2A-A0B9-4D66-84A9-23F9C4F69AF3.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  62.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The problem with this is that they cannot defend their weapons from the crowd, and Guardsmen carrying rifles but without any ammunition have been overwhelmed in the past. There's a P-F.com member whose state adopted a policy after Hurricane Sandy that they could not be deployed to civil unrest with firearms sans ammunition due to exactly this, as it should be.

Even our third-party contract firearms instructors are authorized to carry firearms when in custody of weapons/ammunition for range days, for the obvious reason. When I was in the Marines, I distinctly remember the Motor-T jockies transporting ammunition also being armed for the same reason.

Yet, there's some mindset that it's okay to insert minimally trained individuals into civil unrest with guns but no way to defend those guns. *head explodes*
    After Hurricane Andrew, there were numerous M16s "liberated" from FLNG troops who were sent to "maintain order" in Miami. When a truck full of fully armed gang bangers roll up on a group of soldiers with no ammunition in their weapons, the results are not surprising.

Why do some cities devolve in to riots and some cities get "ACAB" painted on a wall and that's it?

User Tag List