Page 45 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Jeezus.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I gave mine away to some hairy legged blond goddess on a beach somewhere.
    You met Joe Biden!?!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The majority of MN rioter arrests are from outside the state.

https://www.startribune.com/walz-we-...ors/570892512/

Shaken by another night of chaos that overwhelmed law enforcement, Gov. Tim Walz said Saturday he will fully mobilize the National Guard to combat what he called a “tightly controlled” group of outside agitators, some of them from out of state, who have turned city streets into scenes of looting and arson.

The struggle to control the mayhem could bring another 1,000 National Guard soldiers into the cities, supplementing a force of 700, already the largest civil policing authority in the state’s history. Law enforcement officials said it would be the first full mobilization of the Guard in Minnesota since World War II.

“Our cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are under assault,” Walz said, suggesting that a growing number of rioters are coming from outside the city, and possibly outside the state, in what he called “an organized attempt to destabilize civil society.”

Walz said as many as 80% of the people causing destruction and fire in the cities could be from elsewhere.

Make of this what you will. I personally feel that Yogi Berra’s comment about looking applies.
    Most likely hipsters allies from multiethnic middle income areas, that are there to earn their “urban outrage” badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Make of this what you will.
    Personally, the big takeaway I got is that the Governor has taken the reigns from Mayor Frey (possibly because he didn't want to get his reigns taken away by the Insurrection Act).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    You met Joe Biden!?!
    I don't think Biden was ever a hippie. Sum ting just doesn't fit there.

What do you know about hippies? I mean personal experience, not the wiki version.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Personally, the big takeaway I got is that the Governor has taken the reigns from Mayor Frey (possibly because he didn't want to get his reigns taken away by the Insurrection Act).
    There are a whole lot of Minnesotans nodding at you.

My wife was spluttering about the president's seemingly incendiary tweets yesterday, but they seem to have gotten
    Gov. Walz off the pot. 1k more NG members will likely turn the tide. There are 13k total, I think.
    Meanwhile, the Saint Paul PD seems to be doing good work. Things are far calmer today so far.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't think Biden was ever a hippie. Sum ting just doesn't fit there.

What do you know about hippies? I mean personal experience, not the wiki version.
    Joke RE: Biden's "hairy blonde legs" blathering. Not a political statement about hippy vs. biden politics.

Willing to claim to very know very little about "real" hippies but still more than I care to.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Oakland Mercedes Benz dealership trashed.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1266621712738578437
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Anyone else see anything that appears to be missing in some, but not all of these photos of what I think are National Guard troops? These photos are all from the Star-Tribune.

Name:  BB14OhYC.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  16DayFour.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  1590757745_08-1011079611+3FLOYD053020.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  08_1011079611_35FLOYD053020_59053792.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  34.7 KB

Seems like loading up in the middle of a riot would be a bit dangerous.

I'm sure the logistics of using NG troops for riot control is very difficult, but I hope they are not just window dressing. Hopefully they are authorized to load up well in advance of a situation going to hell.

What an awful situation.

User Tag List