Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which JM Custom for AIWB?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Did this part make sense to anyone? Sometimes I think I'm explaining something well, but it's actually garbage. Explaining things to kids will make you realize you're not as smart as you think you are.

Makes sense to me.

Got a “C” in high school physics.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Did this part make sense to anyone? Sometimes I think I'm explaining something well, but it's actually garbage. Explaining things to kids will make you realize you're not as smart as you think you are.
    I think your and the other explanations all make sense. But those of us who are long time AIWB carriers already know from experience and need little further illustration.

I own several JMCK holsters and like them all.

An added benefit of the WC 2.0 and 2.5 over, say, the George or AIWB is that they start out with less bulge at the belt line, right off the bat. Also, I like the added stability that the wide belt attachments afford.

I still wear the George occasionally, but by far have gone with the two WC versions since receiving them.

I can get by with either G19 or G17 length for my G26.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think your and the other explanations all make sense. But those of us who are long time AIWB carriers already know from experience and need little further illustration.

I own several JMCK holsters and like them all.

An added benefit of the WC 2.0 and 2.5 over, say, the George or AIWB is that they start out with less bulge at the belt line, right off the bat. Also, I like the added stability that the wide belt attachments afford.

I still wear the George occasionally, but by far have gone with the two WC versions since receiving them.

I can get by with either G19 or G17 length for my G26.
    Like blues, I use a 2.0 WC of the G19 persuasion. It is super stable and needs no wedge. The spacing between the DCC clips makes the difference for me. It routinely carries a 26,19, or a 45. I no longer own any 17s. It is worn mostly with a First Spear Line One belt or a Tenicor Zero.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    My last physics class was 40 years ago, but I’m not sure this is correct. Your thinking is fine for force, but not for distance.

Wow, I may just stick to IWB @ 4:00

Thanks everyone, this is all good info. Although, I must say that AIWB seems to have gotten way too complicated. After thinking about it I'm going to stick with IWB @ 4:00. I really don't want to put a small pistol in a large holster and add wedges, pillows, claws, wings, or anything else. Seems overly complicated and all the extras add to the bulk and weight of your carry rig.

Something is telling me this AIWB craze will pass and one day we will look back and laugh at how bulky these carry rigs had gotten. Shit there's people walking around with a tiny gun in a large holster plus a backup mag, light, red dot, and now wedges, pillows, and claws. Seems a bit much if you ask me.

I'll say the the industry is brilliant though, they always think of something new to get us spending our money.
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Thanks everyone, this is all good info. Although, I must say that AIWB seems to have gotten way too complicated. After thinking about it I'm going to stick with IWB @ 4:00. I really don't want to put a small pistol in a large holster and add wedges, pillows, claws, wings, or anything else. Seems overly complicated and all the extras add to the bulk and weight of your carry rig.

Something is telling me this AIWB craze will pass and one day we will look back and laugh at how bulky these carry rigs had gotten. Shit there's people walking around with a tiny gun in a large holster plus a backup mag, light, red dot, and now wedges, pillows, and claws. Seems a bit much if you ask me.

I'll say the the industry is brilliant though, they always think of something new to get us spending our money.
    I think AIWB has outlived the label of "craze".

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...appendix-carry
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

OP:

You'll see a lot of variation in holster type for different body types when it comes to AIWB. Waist circumference, hip width, belly fat, shoulder/chest size all factor into concealability.

You may have a similar body type to me. 5'11", 165 lbs, 31-32" waist depending on brand of pants. Relatively narrow hips.

For me the JM Wing Claw 2.5 with DCC monobloc is the best answer.

3 AIWB holsters work for me:
    5'8", 190, 36" waist.
    JM AIWB for my Berettas, (92 compact and Centurion) using a MMT wedge, and PTD loops.
    JM 2.0 for the Berettas, with DCC clips and the MMT pillow.
    Tenicor Certum 3 for a 1911 Commander, with DCC clips and a MMT pillow.

99% of the time it's the Tenicor and the 1911. None of the holsters want to roll out, but also know OP, that it's going to take trial and error to get the best 'fit' for you.
    As Blues said, the wide clips allow for real stability.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Do what works for you, but don’t tell other people their stuff doesn’t actually work for them. Plenty of people, including some very knowledgeable instructors and other experts, have been using and designing and testing the rigs you’re knocking without trying for years. They may know something you don’t.

As for me, I’ll stop carrying a gun before I go back to carrying strongside IWB, and that’s after trying both, so I’d definitely say it’s not a craze.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I think AIWB has outlived the label of "craze".

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...appendix-carry
    Hell, I was carrying that way on the job back in the 80's without knowing it even had a name. It's only gotten better since then with the industry-wide upgrades in available gear.

I think I'll stick with this newfangle craze.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List