Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P9 2.0 CORE

M&P9 2.0 CORE

Ordered this last week from my local Cop Shop here in IL (Ray O’herron). Took less than a week to get delivered to the shop directly from S&W.

Name:  8ED366FF-F560-4ECC-8211-3907377680AB.jpg
Views: 6327
Size:  82.8 KB

I was a big fan of the original first gen M&P9’s. I owned three of them and eventually moved away from the M&P’s after all of mine had some issues that forced me to lose confidence in the platform.

I’ve been waiting for about two years now for the 2.0 9mm COREs to become readily available. This particular LE SKU model (#12423) has been available to order for about 1 year now, but delivery times were ridiculous so I didn’t bother ordering one until I got the word that they were in full production.

The stock trigger is much better than I expected and a bunch better than I remember the stock 1.0 triggers being.

Name:  0C8E6C12-1839-4900-8A9B-CE550292BFF3.jpg
Views: 4854
Size:  90.5 KB

At this point I’m planning on mounting a 2.5MOA Trijicon SRO on it, installing an aluminum APEX curved trigger, Floyd’s EDC magwell and +2 magazine baseplates.

Should be up and running by the end of next week. Will report back after I get it zeroed and put a few hundred rounds through it.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 09-08-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Cool! Didn’t even know they were available.

Ahhh shit, there goes my penny bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Well S&W has been keeping this under wraps. Been waiting on them to announce an optics ready 2.0 for a long time.

I have two of them... one with a Trijicon RM06 and one with an RM07... very happy so far. I may be picking up a third that will get some slide swapping with my 2.0 Compact 4”.

My two gripes are the loaded chamber indicator that causes the front of the window to fog with carbon and stuff. I just wipe it off with a lens cloth but my Glock MOS never had that issue. Second is that the BUIS are a very pronounced six-o-clock hold on both of mine and every other one I’ve seen. Guys in my unit have bought seventeen or so of these so it’s no fluke. I ordered a custom height rear all black sight for both of mine from Dawson Precision so we’ll see if that fixes things.

That said, they are great guns and I’m very happy with the M&P 2.0 series.

Site Supporter
    Of course, I ordered a S&W M&P 1.0 Core slide kit for one of my M&P 1.0s as I was tired of waiting on the 2.0 Cores......At least the 1.0 Core kit was on sale I have a StormLake 40-9 conversion barrel so that will address the LCI and optics issue. The M&P 1.0 is already tricked out with APEX parts/polymer trigger.
    Last edited by ranger; 09-08-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Excellent info, thanks! Let me know what height rear Dawson works out for you. I'll likely go the same route.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I have two of them... one with a Trijicon RM06 and one with an RM07... very happy so far. I may be picking up a third that will get some slide swapping with my 2.0 Compact 4”.

My two gripes are the loaded chamber indicator that causes the front of the window to fog with carbon and stuff. I just wipe it off with a lens cloth but my Glock MOS never had that issue. Second is that the BUIS are a very pronounced six-o-clock hold on both of mine and every other one I’ve seen. Guys in my unit have bought seventeen or so of these so it’s no fluke. I ordered a custom height rear all black sight for both of mine from Dawson Precision so we’ll see if that fixes things.

That said, they are great guns and I’m very happy with the M&P 2.0 series.

Name:  3BA78ACA-E147-4506-8136-3DC73126446F.jpg
Views: 7901
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  FA9630E9-8BA6-499E-A280-F6AA321BCEE8.jpg
Views: 6363
Size:  99.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Name:  3BA78ACA-E147-4506-8136-3DC73126446F.jpg
Views: 7901
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  FA9630E9-8BA6-499E-A280-F6AA321BCEE8.jpg
Views: 6363
Size:  99.8 KB
    That has the safety cutouts in the frame? I needs seriously.

AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    That has the safety cutouts in the frame? I needs seriously.

Pretty sure all the 2.0's come plugged if not a TS model.

User Tag List