Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret NOT buying.

A .44 Automag at a huge gunshow in Orlando in the mid 1980's. A Bren Ten at the same show. A couple years ago, I looked Long and hard at a 3 1/2" blue model 27 Smith, it had someone's initials engraved on the right side of the frame. They wanted about $800 if I remember correctly. And every 12 gauge Remington Model 11 that I come across. Also, a $900 4" Model 29-3 at a local show a year ago.
    Last edited by Inkwell 41; 11-17-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Once upon a time, a local gun shop had a Coonan Arms .357 pistol in its showcase. The gun was there for a long time, and I would occasionally go and drool on the class. One day, I had managed to scrape enough money and so I walked into the store and declared I wish to reserve* that pistol for me. "Sorry mate, sold it last week." Sonuva... First and quite probably the last time I ever had the opportunity to get one of those guns.

(*We can't just buy guns over here, we need to go through an application process first. Reserving guns so the store holds them for you and won't sell them to someone else during this process is a normal practice.)
    Last edited by That Guy; 11-18-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Once upon a time, a local gun shop had a Coonan Arms .357 pistol in its showcase. The gun was there for a long time, and I would occasionally go and drool on the class. One day, I had managed to scrape enough money and so I walked into the store and declared I wish to reserve* that pistol for me. "Sorry mate, sold it last week." Sonuva... First and quite probably the last time I ever had the opportunity to get one of those guns.

(*We can't just buy guns over here, we need to go through an application process first. Reserving guns so the store holds them for you and won't sell them to someone else during this process is a normal practice.)
    Do you not have the new Coonans over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Do you not have the new Coonans over there?
    Wait, there is such a thing?

Nah, the increased difficulties in obtaining a handgun permit have really made handgun sales tank here. Consequently, the selection of available handguns is fairly small, too. Something like a .357 Magnum pistol is a bit too exotic for anyone to bring into the country. I suppose if I really, really, really wanted one I could try to seriously hunt for one, maybe (well, probably) fill in the paperwork and get one shipped over from abroad... but I guess I don't really want one quite that bad. (Which is good, really, since that sort of a firearms quest would involve spending a whole lot of money.)

One of those S&W 3913 "LadySmith" autos back in the 90's.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Variant of the thread.

Lately, there have been several pistols I was curious about, maybe even had serious wantsies. But then I got a chance to check them out in person and found they just don't do that much for me. So that's good.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I wanted the compact Wilson Beretta and waited to long and they are priced pretty high on GB so I opted for the New Centurion to cure the itch!
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    One of those S&W 3913 "LadySmith" autos back in the 90's.
    I have only seen one for sale when i was in a financial position to make it happen. It is in my safe, and not likely to leave.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    4" Colt Python with holster wear for $350. Yeah, that was a while ago, and my finances weren't such that it would have been easy to buy it, but I knew looking at it that was the lowest price on a shooter python i'd ever see.
    Not quite as good of a deal but I bought one in rough physical but excellent mechanical shape for $450, had it reblued by Cogan (appx $300 round trip), and when I showed it off on a forum a local guy offered me $1000 on the spot. Don’t really miss it (didn’t have it very long) but I shoulda kept it TBH...but 10 years ago that $250 profit was a little more tempting than it would be today.

For guns I shouldn’t have passed on, I’d say any pre-CZ Dan Wesson. They’d find their way to the LGS now and again. They were steals, even new ones. Prices on current DW’s have inflated prices on most pre-CZ models to more than they’re worth IMO but I shoulda grabbed a few more (and kept the ones I had :/ ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully I did grab a couple pre-CZ Dan Wessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List