Page 14 of 194 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Local FB scanner and neighborhood pages are on fire. Currently listening to https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13544
    There are looters active in the shopping district less than a mile from from me; Target superstore, Cub Foods, Dollar Store, TJ Maxx, several smaller stores along University Ave in the Midway District, a Foot Locker just looted, also a shopping center in east St Paul near the 3M Campus. Reports that light rail between capitol & Minneapolis is shut down.
    Oy.

These folks are too young to remember the 1967 riots. Even the one in (predominantly black) North Minneapolis that their parents or grandparents went through. That area, just like Newark, Watts, and Detroit, was never rebuilt, and never recovered.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 05-28-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yeah, they probably would have rioted even if the city had hung all four of the cops in the downtown Square within an hour of the event.

Also can't partially help wondering if being pent up from quarantine / lockdown played any role in the rioting
    I would say the reaction was entirely predictable based upon past (pre-Covid) history.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I would say the reaction was entirely predictable based upon past (pre-Covid) history.
    US as a whole or something specific about that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Local FB scanner and neighborhood pages are on fire. currently listening to https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13544
    There are looters active in the shopping district less than a mile from from me; Target superstore, Cub Foods, Dollar Store, TJ Maxx, several smaller stores along University Ave in the Midway District, a Foot Locker just looted, also a shopping center in east St Paul near the 3M Campus. Reports that light rail between capitol & Minneapolis is shut down.
    Oy.

These folks are too young to remember the 1967 riots. Even the one in (predominantly black) North Minneapolis that their parents or grandparents went through. That area, just like Newark, Watts, and Detroit, was never rebuilt, and never recovered.
    I'm pretty close to there as well, thanks for the scanner link

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Around the country in response to perceived harms...whether actual or invented.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I can't speak for blues on this one - but for me, it is totally in character with the typical societal response to these events, perpetrated by a subset of our society. That subset tends to look for any given thing to offend it and use that offense as an excuse to justify sociopathic behavior. For the most recent things look at the damage and looting down after Fergueson along with many other instances.

My default expectation as soon as these things come out is that there will be riots and looting in the immediate locale AND widespread civil unrest in large urban areas. We're already seeing protests here in Chicago and likely will see riots if these cops aren't charged or even if something that looks similar happens here in Chicago. We saw in LA that mobs attacked police cars with impunity. To me, that is a full blown standard response thing to our soft-mitted ways of dealing with trouble-makers.

Given the Arbery thing in Georgia had already stoked up the coals, this Minneapolis thing just poured gasoline on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Local FB scanner and neighborhood pages are on fire. Currently listening to https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13544
    Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    I'm pretty close to there as well, thanks for the scanner link

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Be safe.

We just got an email that there is a movement to protest or loot Target stores across the country.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Why is Target being, uh, Targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    We just got an email that there is a movement to protest or loot Target stores across the country.
    That is ....bizarre. Any indications why? And who sent such an e-mail? Are they a credible source?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List