Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger GP100 Match Champion

New Ruger GP100 Match Champion

So Ruger will be launching a new variant of the GP100, which they're calling the GP100 Match Champion. I'm fairly certain that they have some sort of dream harvesting technology out there, because this gun looks like GP100 I've been wanting ever since I started shooting revo seriously. Slab sided half underlug barrel, chamfered charge holes, checkered wood stocks with no finger grooves, proper sights, it's just amazing.

Attachment 1991

I understand that not everyone "gets" revolvers, but for the people that do and who want a serious match ready gun right out of the box, this going to be really hard to beat. If it had a DAO hammer, it'd be perfect. I am really happy that Ruger is getting after the serious competition revolver market. Since this gun competes heads up with the 686SSR, my hope is that they'll bring back the Redhawk, chamber in .45 ACP and cut it for moonclips from the factory. That'd be HAWT.

Looks almost exactly like I want my GP100 to look like when I'm done with it.

I don't see what competition they're going to be running in unless they make a moon clip version, though. SSR is pretty empty.

Duuuuude! Thanks for posting; I totally agree with your assessment. I was all ga-ga over the blue wiley clapp with the bead front sight; only the lack of chamber chamfering and DAO hammer rained on that parade, and this one goes one more step in the direction of the righteous. I can get the hammer bobbed/notch removed/action tuned myself. Keep us updated when yours lands.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    Looks almost exactly like I want my GP100 to look like when I'm done with it.

I don't see what competition they're going to be running in unless they make a moon clip version, though. SSR is pretty empty.
    At this year's Nationals, SSR had 24 shooters, 9 of whom where DMs or Masters. ESR had 10 shooters total. In 2012, SSR had 17 shooters and ESR had 13. IDPA is really the last bastion of the speedloader gun; and SSR is definitely the more popular of the two wheelgun divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    At this year's Nationals, SSR had 24 shooters, 9 of whom where DMs or Masters. ESR had 10 shooters total. In 2012, SSR had 17 shooters and ESR had 13. IDPA is really the last bastion of the speedloader gun; and SSR is definitely the more popular of the two wheelgun divisions.
    Huh, that is nice to hear, actually. I guess my view is skewed a bit by a fact that all the shooters locally do ESR or USPSA.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    Huh, that is nice to hear, actually. I guess my view is skewed a bit by a fact that all the shooters locally do ESR or USPSA.
    Guys that shoot SSR tend to be dedicated speedloader guys, and many of them don't crossover to shoot USPSA. Partially because shooting USPSA with a speedloader gun is just a recipe to get your tail beat.

Damn you for posting this...........

Now all we need is Tam wishing this was a no-lock L-frame and this thread will be complete!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    ...and a gold house. And a rocket car.

ETA: Actually, you know what? Not an L-frame. I want a 520 reintroduction, of the real 520, not the re-cycling of the number for some L-frame abortion, but an honest-to-Wotan fixed sight N in .357, but make it an eight shooter.

(I don't know why you think I care about the lock. )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List