Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner drops a new pistol optic

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Uh, I wasn’t aware that was a problem? Been doing it for awhile now. They even make an adapter to fill the gap:
    https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-g-sap.html
    I was not aware that was a thing. That opens up a lot more options.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I was not aware that was a thing. That opens up a lot more options.
    Gotcha. Yes it does.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Happy to report success in disabling the auto off with the replacement MPS. Also brightness setting 5/8 is perfect for sunny day use in northern CA. About equal 9 on a T2. No complaints.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Dropped that slide on my G4 frame. Here’s some pics w different RDS holsters.

JM Custom Kydex

Attachment 84616

Safariland 6354DO. It doesn’t quite lock in. If I messed around with the hood, either cut the top off or take a heat gun to it, it would lock up. Just needs about another mm of movement.
    Attachment 84617

Safariland 6376 w a QLS fork. Works like a charm.
    Attachment 84618
    I noticed the same on mine. I use a FCD/Tango Down adapter, and there are a couple millimeters available to move the optic forward a bit. I think if it sat just forward, the hood will come all the way down.

I heard they are designing a MPS specific adapter, hopefully the move it forward just that little bit.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    I noticed the same on mine. I use a FCD/Tango Down adapter, and there are a couple millimeters available to move the optic forward a bit. I think if it sat just forward, the hood will come all the way down.

I heard they are designing a MPS specific adapter, hopefully the move it forward just that little bit.
    An MPS specific plate? Dammit.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I thought I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread. I may email FCD with my two cents.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Happy to report success in disabling the auto off with the replacement MPS. Also brightness setting 5/8 is perfect for sunny day use in northern CA. About equal 9 on a T2. No complaints.
    How long did it take for them to turn around the replacement? They encouraged me to wait until a few weeks ago to send mine back for exchange.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    I thought I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread. I may email FCD with my two cents.
    I mentioned earlier that CHPWS was making MPS specific plates. Recently on Instagram they said if any LEOs want to T&E the MPS MOS plate to reach out.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZzLiES..._web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I mentioned earlier that CHPWS was making MPS specific plates. Recently on Instagram they said if any LEOs want to T&E the MPS MOS plate to reach out.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZzLiES..._web_copy_link
    I floated it past Roger at FCD today, they don’t have any current plans to do a MPS specific plate.
    Ken

They received it 1/22/2022, replacement shipped 2/15/2022.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How long did it take for them to turn around the replacement? They encouraged me to wait until a few weeks ago to send mine back for exchange.

User Tag List