Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Beretta -- Centurion Tactical

The most attractive option, IMHO, although its more of a run-around, is buy an M9a1 and replace the slide with the Vertec slides Beretta is selling for $210. The stock slide can be resold to recoup a good chunk of that initial duplicative investment and then you have the base gun you really want to build on. The rest is small parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The most attractive option, IMHO, although its more of a run-around, is buy an M9a1 and replace the slide with the Vertec slides Beretta is selling for $210. The stock slide can be resold to recoup a good chunk of that initial duplicative investment and then you have the base gun you really want to build on. The rest is small parts.
    Wait, so the Vertec slide will go on an M9A1 but it won’t go on a 92A1?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I believe that is correct. The 92A1 is an oddball in the family.

Note the takedown button (right side, opposite of the lever) on the 92A1. It is the only round one in the line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post

What would be the point of putting a vertec slide on a 92a1? 92a1s already have removeable front sights.
    Last edited by BlueDog2009; 11-25-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I believe that is correct. The 92A1 is an oddball in the family.

Note the takedown button (right side, opposite of the lever) on the 92A1. It is the only round one in the line-up.
    That is correct. The dual recoil spring of the 92A1 requires a wider section in the front of the slide and the recoil buffer in the frame make the slide and frame of the 92A1unique against all other 92 versions.

DELETED. Double tap.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 11-25-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog2009 View Post
    What would be the point of putting a vertec slide on a 92a1? 92a1s already have removeable front sights.
    Right. Considering the big circle that is the Beretta 92 family tree, I've always wondered what the lineup would look like had Beretta standardized around the Vertec slide when it was introduced in 2001 instead of dropping it in 2009. Would we even have the 92A1? The M9A3 introduction in 2015 was really "back to the future".

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    That is correct. The dual recoil spring of the 92A1 requires a wider section in the front of the slide and the recoil buffer in the frame make the slide and frame of the 92A1unique against all other 92 versions.
    Except for the 90-TWO!

Are we having fun yet?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog2009 View Post
    Yeah, I see your point. Beretta’s managing of their 92 variants is just puzzling is all.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Right. Considering the big circle that is the Beretta 92 family tree, I've always wondered what the lineup would look like had Beretta standardized around the Vertec slide when it was introduced in 2001 instead of dropping it in 2009. Would we even have the 92A1? The M9A3 introduction in 2015 was really "back to the future".
    I don't really mix and match my various Berettas, so this isn't an issue for me. I really like my 92A1 and feel that it stands on its own. I'm a fan of the round trigger guard models.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Except for the 90-TWO!

Are we having fun yet?
    Good point, but the 92A1 frame is a direct carryover of the 90-two.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 11-25-2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typing on a tablet is hard...

The Vertec slide certainly WILL fit & function on a 92A1 frame. There will just be a bit of a gap between the slide & dust cover rail.

My bedside pistol is a 90-two frame with a 96D Brigadier upper. I put the 90-two upper on a 96A1 frame along with the Dash controls.

User Tag List