Page 10 of 120 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    We don't get many bears out this way, so this is probably my favorite ramblin' gun:

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

My only revolver at the moment is a 629-6 5" Classic. I will forever love this gun however I do have a hankering to have the barrel shortened to 4" by SDM for better handling and packing ability.
    I've been looking for a good chest carry holster for it and found the Diamond D Guides Choice. Looks like a great holster for the backcountry.

My 629 Classic 5"

This is what it would look like with a 4" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    My only revolver at the moment is a 629-6 5" Classic. I will forever love this gun however I do have a hankering to have the barrel shortened to 4" by SDM for better handling and packing ability.
    I've been looking for a good chest carry holster for it and found the Diamond D Guides Choice. Looks like a great holster for the backcountry.

I have that holster and it is pretty good. If you carry a heavy pack, the rear straps dig into my back enough to make it a no go with the big pack hunting.
    My 629 Classic 5"

This is what it would look like with a 4" barrel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    We don't get many bears out this way, so this is probably my favorite ramblin' gun:

Glorious! That's an old one (the hammer?)
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It's a mid-'50s K-22. I was making a silly joke about the necessity of a big-bore woods gun in Indiana.

(...although it really is my favorite ramblin' gun. Any dirt clod or soda can that attacks me is in for a rough time of it! )

My earlier post didn't make it, but I was trying to say that the leather rigging on the back of the Diamond D chest rig was a no go for my back with a heavy pack. The straps bunched up and made a wicked hot spot with any load in the pack.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    My "woods gun". Karl Sokol built this for me several years ago. Started with an S serial numbered Mod 58 and rebored a Mod 520 barrel he had on hand. Rechambered in .45 Colt. Sights are regulated for 255 gr lead and is pretty fun with Buffalo Bore 255 gr HC.

Oof.

I'll be in my bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by cigardad View Post
    My "woods gun". Karl Sokol built this for me several years ago. Started with an S serial numbered Mod 58 and rebored a Mod 520 barrel he had on hand. Rechambered in .45 Colt. Sights are regulated for 255 gr lead and is pretty fun with Buffalo Bore 255 gr HC.

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by cigardad View Post
    How cool is that. I love the lines on that gun.

User Tag List