Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Tactical" headwear

For some reason, I'm wanting to place an order at Larue Tactical...

I wear "gimmie" caps. Somebody gimme one. Right now I have 2 from eotac that I like, but they are getting to look pretty bad. Around here, camo hats are pretty common.

I always wear a cap while shooting and when I am outdoors. I sometimes wear a cap if I'm having a bad hair day.

I trust all wearing ball caps roll the cap bill appropriately although not necessarily so tight your looking through a T-paper cardboard tube.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I used to wear ballcaps all the time, because I get them for free from about every industry company ever. Now I mostly don't wear hats, unless I'm wearing one that Uncle Sugar gave me or it's winter, in which case I wear a beanie pretty much all the time.

Totally bald here so I try to cover my precious dome anytime I'm outside.

When out and about in the winter I wear a dark brown wool Mucros Weavers Trinity I picked up in Killarney a few years ago. If it's really cold, a simple watch cap will do.

When shooting, I use any one of the beat-up ball caps I own. I can attest to the wearing of a hat dampening the sound a bit, especially shooting SBRs indoors. With no hair between the muzzle and my scalp, I had a headache and ringing ears even with plugs under my muffs. Not the case when wearing a cap.

When I go "camping" (trailer park on a lake) I sport a khaki Aussie Slouch from Village Hat...only because "they should all be destroyed!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I wear "gimmie" caps. Somebody gimme one. Right now I have 2 from eotac that I like, but they are getting to look pretty bad. Around here, camo hats are pretty common.

I always wear a cap while shooting and when I am outdoors. I sometimes wear a cap if I'm having a bad hair day.
    Yes, I don't think I have a hat I bought. Well that isn't entirely accurate, I bought something to get most of them, just didn't pay for the hat itself. BCM, Pistol-training, 5.11, Weber, etc.. I have a weird shaped head so a of hats make me look slightly less handsome, that must be why I have an aversion to wearing hats.

All the hair that was on the top of my head migrated to places where it is a hassle instead of insulation or protection, so I wear a Tilley hat or ball cap in the summer for sun protection and a variety of caps and hats in colder weather. If I am going someplace nice, I may wear my Stetson with my boots. Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be around 12 degrees F here and the wind is supposed to be blowing, so I will have a wool hat on during my trip to and from the office. It will probably be my Filson wool ball cap with the flaps to cover my ears. I may look like an extra from Fargo, but I will be warm.

When I shoot, I always wear a ball cap with my wraparound safety glasses and place my ears over the cap to keep brass from getting trapped between my glasses and face.

98% of the time I don't wear a hat/cap/beanie at all (I shave my head, so I really should.....but I just REALLY hate stuff hovering in my vision).

If I wear one during the summer it's either a Duluth Trading Co. Firehose driving hat, a Panama Jack Captains Cap (trucker hat with a VERY short bill), or a camo/white trucker cap with the bill rolled back, Jesper Parnevik style.

In the winter I wear a Mountain Hardware beanie.

The best thing going for me is the older Patagonia organic cotton ball-caps. They have an absorbent band and dry quickly, they are black underneath the bill to reduce glare, no top button to hurt with earpro, and they have a clip instead of velcro on the back for adjustment. You can also find them in natural colors.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 01-14-2016 at 02:04 AM.

I have Don King bedhead so I wear a cap to the gym every morning. Has to be fitted and low crown with a rolled brim. Also, as you'll see in my avatar, I wear one when shooting -- keeps the locks out of my eyes.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List