Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thus sprach zarathustra

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Confession time. I’ve never seen Smokey and the Bandit. But every time I watch clips from it I feel my parents diminished my childhood just a bit by not taking me to see it or letting me watch it when it came on cable.
    My condolences, but trust me on this. At this point it's best to just let it go.

2008 me: Watches Idiocracy and laughs.

2024 me: Watches Idiocracy and cries at its prescience and starts drinking more than is healthy.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    2008 me: Watches Idiocracy and laughs.

2024 me: Watches Idiocracy and cries at its prescience and starts drinking more than is healthy.
    On the other hand monster trucks are kinda bitchin

Confession time. I’ve never seen Smokey and the Bandit. But every time I watch clips from it I feel my parents diminished my childhood just a bit by not taking me to see it or letting me watch it when it came on cable.
    Smokey and The Bandit part III didn’t even have Burt Reynolds in it. Jackie Gleason and Jerry Reed (God rest his soul.) It wasn’t the worst Smokey and The Bandit movie. (haters, I think it was a little better than Part II.)

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I had the opposite situation. I saw all those movies when I was too little to really appreciate them. My parents also took me to much more age inappropriate movies that were either disturbing, horrifying, or both. Kind of explains how I ended up like this...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I saw the Smokey & the Bandit movies at the drive-in the way God intended.
    Of course, I was way to young to really follow what was supposed to be going on, but- car goes fast!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I had the opposite situation. I saw all those movies when I was too little to really appreciate them. My parents also took me to much more age inappropriate movies that were either disturbing, horrifying, or both. Kind of explains how I ended up like this...
    I was 9, my brother was 5 when it came out and our parents took us to see it.

They were quite shocked and surprised the next day (and weeks after) when my brother started using all of the curse words he learned in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

So, does that make Forrest & Archer potential half-brothers?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My parents also took me to much more age inappropriate movies that were either disturbing, horrifying, or both. Kind of explains how I ended up like this...
    LoL!

Yeah, some of the ones that stick out from my own innocent upbringing include, “The Enforcer,” “The Legacy,” and “Heavy Metal,” in that order. Not sure WTF they were thinking.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List