Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FN re-enters the P-35 game

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Maybe Sig will make a version of the P365 with the P250 DAO hammer action. Then I could forget all that other stuff.
    Isn't that called an HK P30SK LEM/P2000 LEM/P2000 SK LEM?

Best, Jon

Best meme I could come up with on short notice.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    You have dared say in public what I thought in the depths of my darkest solitude.

Interesting all the new products popping up here in the Omicron Era.
    New guns from SW and FN, new ammo from Vista. Product variants from several, including new corporate interest in 10mm.
    I think FN had a prototype High Power in 7.65 French Long before the pattern was finalized in 1935 and produced in 9x19. Reminds me of that…

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Upon further thought and perusing the webpage which is now active, this actually looks like there is a lot of promise. Seems that they have made some fairly good updates to the design while keeping much of the essence of the original. More of a modern update on the classic design that the SA offering. For someone with a small collection of legacy pistols, magazines, holsters; who would like the "same gun in a modern form" this holds a lot of appeal. All that said, my decision to pull the trigger on one of these would be based on a few things:
    1) Backwards magazine compatibility. Given they advertise 17 round capacity this seems to be a long shot.
    2) Fit with most legacy holsters.
    In the end I want a "Hi Power with modern pistol features" and not a "modern pistol with Hi Power features," making this an entirely new platform would be a deal killer for me.

That FDE pistol is sexy though.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 01-18-2022 at 01:35 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    I have LEMs. Even cleaned up Match Hybrid LEMs. I also have a couple cleaned up P250s, a .22LR and a .380 (action is the same). No, LEM is not equal to P250. Not even close. Also, I don't Spiderman grip.

I have been focusing on a USPc. Tried LEM, went back to V1 at least to see how far I get with it.

I guess I kinda left the XL off the end of P365. What I meant is P365XL.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I have LEMs. Even cleaned up Match Hybrid LEMs. I also have a couple cleaned up P250s, a .22LR and a .380 (action is the same). No, LEM is not equal to P250. Not even close. Also, I don't Spiderman grip.

I have been focusing on a USPc. Tried LEM, went back to V1 at least to see how far I get with it.

I guess I kinda left the XL off the end of P365. What I meant is P365XL.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    Why are you guys bringing up yesterday's guns in a thread about the Browning Hi-Power?

Beacuse we can, and because my snark proceeded down the freshly dug Olong rabbit hole...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Why are you guys bringing up yesterday's guns in a thread about the Browning Hi-Power?

It’s PF. If a thread doesn’t stray a bit, then we become just like any other boring place on the net.

Regarding the Hi-Power:

Must’ve FN will release a reliable polymer version. Yea I know, that’s blasphemy, but I think it would be cool.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Best meme I could come up with on short notice.

The more I look at this, the more it looks like a SAO Ruger P89 wearing Hi-point flair, less like a Sig. The dimensions just seem off.

Edit to add: what do you wanna bet the magazines are based off the 509 series? They dont look like Hi-power mags.

User Tag List